00' new edge turbo mustang help

killax15

Established Member
00' new edge that is finally going to be turbocharged 2v with a hellion turbo kit 67mm at the end of the month. With that being said I wanted to get your opnion as to what is the best brand of gauges I should buy? AM and LMR have so many options to choose from. Also typically since I am going turbo what are the essential gauges to buy in order to display my cars performance? One last thing I also would like to modernize my dash and replace all of the speedometer gauges etc however I haven't see one that allows for the check engine light and other codes to show if needed. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Sluggie24

Established Member
I always liked autometer personally. I would say boost and wideband A/F gauges for sure. Anything else is really up to you. You might be able to just get a gauge overlay for the factory gauge cluster to change the look. Cheaper for sure.

Three21

Established Member
I picked up a Mach 1 instrument cluster to change things up. You'll need a mechanical boost/vacuum gauge and a wideband as mentioned above. I have a Innovate LC-1 which has been good so far.

I picked up a mechanical oil pressure gauge since the stock electrical sender lost contact once and scared the crap out of me. I'll likely also be getting a trans temp gauge to keep an eye on things since I have a trans-brake in the 4R70W and will be installing a bump box in the near future.

All of my gauges are Autometer, but I'm sure there is nothing wrong with any other popular name brand as long as they are wired / plumbed correctly.

Three21

Established Member
Pick the gauges that look the best to you.

BTW you're gonna love the hellion kit and 67mm hair dryer!

Users who are viewing this thread