00 R owners READ!!! Check your rotors!!!

kevin

thanks for thinking of us.

there have been several of these failures, including me.

i'm begining to contemplate a two piece for next year. brembo makes on of their own design.

JoeJ

Established Member
Rotor Problem

Yep, I had two failures with the one piece Brembo rotor. I am now running the two piece Brembo rotor. I only have two events on the rotors, but they seem to be doing a good job. The two piece rotor floats a bit and you shouldn't have the side loading with the flex of the wheel hub.
:idea:

JoeJ

Established Member
Brembo rotors

Kevin,

I will post the part no's for the new two piece Brembo rotors and the pads that I am using when I get back home from offshore.

The stock Galipher pads sure wore fast at Hallett with the new slotted rotors, so I will be trying some Friction Performance and Hawk pads.

Andy M

Established Member
Hey Joe,

So, what do these new 2 piece rotors cost? Just so I can begin preparing for the inevitable... Also, when I do it, I think I will go ahead and have them install new steel braided lines on all four corners, as well as use some of that nifty brake oil? what's it called again? Motul?? or something like that? Is this the right stuff or is there something better?

Hey man, you still offshore? eating well on the platform, err ha?? ;)

kevin

hey andy. i use motul in one of my cars but i use ford hipo in the 00r.

motul can't be mixed with anything. so ya gotta have some in reserve.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Hey guys. Just to let you know. I'm looking at getting a discount for all SCMC members on the 2 piece rotors. I've found a vendor that will work with us but they are getting a price for me. I am hoping they will be able to supply solid rotors also and not just the slotted. They also do the Cryo treatment if any would be interested. I know they will beat Brembo's price.

Users who are viewing this thread