00 Saleen acting funny after tune!!!

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Hey guys I haven't posted in a while, but last year I purchased a 2000 N/A Saleen. Yesterday day I got my car tuned after I installed a vortech v2 with a 3.6 pulley. I have O/r x pipe factory borla catback, professional products penlum and throttle body, Lmaf, terminator 39lb injectors, ngk tr6 spark plugs (didn't gap them was told they were pregapped at .35) while on the rollers the car was pulling hard. But after I left I got on it and it deffenatly felt faster, it just has some sort of hesitation inbetween wot shifts or while cruising in 5th on highway. I was thinking that It might be a fuel problem but am also thinking it could be my spark plugs actually not gapped at .35? What do y'all think and suggestions??

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 96

Scud2

Established Member
Hey guys I haven't posted in a while, but last year I purchased a 2000 N/A Saleen. Yesterday day I got my car tuned after I installed a vortech v2 with a 3.6 pulley. I have O/r x pipe factory borla catback, professional products penlum and throttle body, Lmaf, terminator 39lb injectors, ngk tr6 spark plugs (didn't gap them was told they were pregapped at .35) while on the rollers the car was pulling hard. But after I left I got on it and it deffenatly felt faster, it just has some sort of hesitation inbetween wot shifts or while cruising in 5th on highway. I was thinking that It might be a fuel problem but am also thinking it could be my spark plugs actually not gapped at .35? What do y'all think and suggestions??
Problem solved. If you are shifting and it's kinda hesitating there are a couple things I recommend. I had the exact problem. I was so mad I spent all that money and felt like a trip to the drag strip would be embarrassing. Part after part. No solution. Finally I came across a thread that solved everything. PPRV delete. Do some research. It's due to our returnless feel system. There is constant pressure and when you shift hard the fuel has nowhere to go. So there is a spike in pressure. The computer reads this and shuts it off. All this split second stuff adds up to no fuel for a period of time. Which means the engine bogs like a lawn mower. There are plastic tubes on summit racing that you can get. It is like 10 bucks. Comes with clamps. You need to get the one that looks like a bendy straw. It comes with fuel proof clamps. It sucks cuz you have to drop the tank again but problem solved. I also got the kenne bell fuel disk and put that in the fuel rail pressure sensor. I'll look up parts and post them if I can find them. Do those two things and you have 2 hours of work. Less than 30 bucks. And good luck sticking those tires when you hit second!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Scud2

Established Member
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/ab...Rw7SZynirvC9gR4woO5j1oGVs0_1LQuMsEaAs1s8P8HAQ

This is the hose. You can get different lengths but I got this one. And I had to boil it in water for a while so it could stretch over the futtings. Don't forget to put the clamps on after you boil it and before you attach to the fittings. Once it cools it's on there good. I actually think I have some extra but not sure on clamps. Email me [email protected]

http://m.ebay.com/itm/KENNE-BELL-99...-PRESSURE-DISC-2V-4V-/272376560185?nav=SEARCH

There is the kenne bell disc. I think I picked it up for 15 bucks. Hope this helps

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Problem solved. If you are shifting and it's kinda hesitating there are a couple things I recommend. I had the exact problem. I was so mad I spent all that money and felt like a trip to the drag strip would be embarrassing. Part after part. No solution. Finally I came across a thread that solved everything. PPRV delete. Do some research. It's due to our returnless feel system. There is constant pressure and when you shift hard the fuel has nowhere to go. So there is a spike in pressure. The computer reads this and shuts it off. All this split second stuff adds up to no fuel for a period of time. Which means the engine bogs like a lawn mower. There are plastic tubes on summit racing that you can get. It is like 10 bucks. Comes with clamps. You need to get the one that looks like a bendy straw. It comes with fuel proof clamps. It sucks cuz you have to drop the tank again but problem solved. I also got the kenne bell fuel disk and put that in the fuel rail pressure sensor. I'll look up parts and post them if I can find them. Do those two things and you have 2 hours of work. Less than 30 bucks. And good luck sticking those tires when you hit second!

Awesome man really appreciate it!! I'll look into it and hopefully I can get them by next week!! Btw what kind of power you making on your set up??

Scud2

Established Member
Awesome man really appreciate it!! I'll look into it and hopefully I can get them by next week!! Btw what kind of power you making on your set up??
I have anderson powerpipe. O/r h. Flowmaster 40s. 70mm throttle with plenum. 35 gapped plugs. Msd coils. 373s. 47 injectors. And meth injection for cooling only. I use washer fluid. Little meth with water. Cooler air. Little extra fuel. Safe tune.

Scud2

Established Member
Haha safe tune...never heard a tuner safe I put a shit tune on your car it should blow up on your way home.

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
I have 406.2 hp to the wheels. And 389.2 torque. What about you?

Damn nice numbers! I'm on 6lbs of boost and made 354hp and 361tq pretty happy only being 6lbs but I think they dyno might of been a little happy hahah, I'm hoping to hit the 400 range in a few months with an A/A intercooler and bigger injectors. Maybe some e85 if I don't need a bap

Scud2

Established Member
Damn nice numbers! I'm on 6lbs of boost and made 354hp and 361tq pretty happy only being 6lbs but I think they dyno might of been a little happy hahah, I'm hoping to hit the 400 range in a few months with an A/A intercooler and bigger injectors. Maybe some e85 if I don't need a bap
I'm at 10 lbs. If you go air to air get a smaller pulley for sure. I'd go 2 or 3 sizes smaller and see where your numbers are. Or go one size and meth. But 10 lbs is a good number for our engines!

Scud2

Established Member
Almost forgot. One pulley size and a powerpipe will get you to 10 psi. An intercooler will probably bring you down to 8. Which 8 with an intercooler will most likely get you close to 400

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Almost forgot. One pulley size and a powerpipe will get you to 10 psi. An intercooler will probably bring you down to 8. Which 8 with an intercooler will most likely get you close to 400

Do you think that just the kenne bell disc will work? I was reading around and saw that someone said to just put the di

Scud2

Established Member
That just the disk would be fine and to leave the pprv alone
Well that was my first move and it did nothing for me. But worth a try. I thought I felt a difference at first but after a few times of getting on it there was not much of a difference. After the PPRV alot of owners mention they have to prime the fuel by turning the key a couple times. I have not had that problem. I let my car sit over the winter. Couple extra turn overs and it fired right up. I may literally notice one extra turn over and my car starts. Try the disc first and it it works you are golden. If not...pprv.

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Well that was my first move and it did nothing for me. But worth a try. I thought I felt a difference at first but after a few times of getting on it there was not much of a difference. After the PPRV alot of owners mention they have to prime the fuel by turning the key a couple times. I have not had that problem. I let my car sit over the winter. Couple extra turn overs and it fired right up. I may literally notice one extra turn over and my car starts. Try the disc first and it it works you are golden. If not...pprv.

Awesome man! Thanks!! For the advice!

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
c85ee7c7e438a93779726d257cff811a.jpg

Beautiful car man! True blue?? And hey I was just running my car right now, and looked at my fuel pressure gauge, and it looks like to me that the pressure is dropping to nearly zero!!!! Pretty scary! You still think it's the ppvr? Or possibly a kinked line?

Scud2

Established Member
Beautiful car man! True blue?? And hey I was just running my car right now, and looked at my fuel pressure gauge, and it looks like to me that the pressure is dropping to nearly zero!!!! Pretty scary! You still think it's the ppvr? Or possibly a kinked line?
Now even more so convinced it's the spike in pressure. The computer reads that spike and cuts off fuel. Therefore the hesitation. So that's actually a good thing! But like I said, try the kenne bell disc first. But having the PPRV to back it up is smart.

Users who are viewing this thread