00 Saleen acting funny after tune!!!

Scud2

Established Member
Beautiful car man! True blue?? And hey I was just running my car right now, and looked at my fuel pressure gauge, and it looks like to me that the pressure is dropping to nearly zero!!!! Pretty scary! You still think it's the ppvr? Or possibly a kinked line?
Yes true blue with knock off saleens. Got the true Center caps if that makes a difference!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Now even more so convinced it's the spike in pressure. The computer reads that spike and cuts off fuel. Therefore the hesitation. So that's actually a good thing! But like I said, try the kenne bell disc first. But having the PPRV to back it up is smart.

Awesome man!! Really appreciate your help!!! Im going to order the disc tomorrow, and hope I can get it Friday or next week Monday, I'll let you know how my car ends up after the disc install

Scud2

Established Member
Awesome man!! Really appreciate your help!!! Im going to order the disc tomorrow, and hope I can get it Friday or next week Monday, I'll let you know how my car ends up after the disc install
Nice. Hey I have 3 of the PPRV delete hoses. But no clamps. I mean depending how easy you can pick up the clamps I can send you a hose. I originally purchased a cobra kit for 2 fuel pumps cuz that's all I could find. Well then I found this one and was going to return the cobra kit. Well a year later and never returned it haha. If needed let me know. But you have to find the right clamps...

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Nice. Hey I have 3 of the PPRV delete hoses. But no clamps. I mean depending how easy you can pick up the clamps I can send you a hose. I originally purchased a cobra kit for 2 fuel pumps cuz that's all I could find. Well then I found this one and was going to return the cobra kit. Well a year later and never returned it haha. If needed let me know. But you have to find the right clamps...

Damn, really appreciate the offer man. You're too generous, but I already have my frp disc and ppvr delete bought and being shipped out! Hopefully I can get them by Friday and have my car up and running before the end of the week!!!

Scud2

Established Member
Damn, really appreciate the offer man. You're too generous, but I already have my frp disc and ppvr delete bought and being shipped out! Hopefully I can get them by Friday and have my car up and running before the end of the week!!!
Bingo! Good stuff! Not like it's a ton of money haha.

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
image.jpg
Bingo! Good stuff! Not like it's a ton of money haha.

Just got the hose and clamps disc should be here tomorrow

Scud2

Established Member
Don't forget...Anderson powerpipe adds 2 psi...lol easy add on and for cheap

StrayBullitt

Established Member

Laser Red, can you please post if this resolves your issue. I am having the exact same issue after tune. I think the tuner has me running too lean between shifts. I'm willing to try this for cheap first before going back and spending more $ on the dyno.

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Laser Red, can you please post if this resolves your issue. I am having the exact same issue after tune. I think the tuner has me running too lean between shifts. I'm willing to try this for cheap first before going back and spending more $ on the dyno.
Yeah man will do Im going to try and put the disc in later today and see how it runs then drop the fuel tank maybe Saturday but I will defenitly let you know!

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Hey man just updating... I put the kenne bell disc and I sill have the problem, but not as bad! So I'm glad it helped a bit hahah, I'll probably drop my fuel tank Saturday if I can get the day off. Until then i stilll have the problem

Scud2

Established Member
Hey man just updating... I put the kenne bell disc and I sill have the problem, but not as bad! So I'm glad it helped a bit hahah, I'll probably drop my fuel tank Saturday if I can get the day off. Until then i stilll have the problem
Well the steps you are taking are the exact same as I took. I actually thought the kenne bell disc cleared the problem at first but it just kinda helps...or mentally it does. But the PPRV will be clutch. Don't forget to let it sit in boiling water for a little and put the clams on right before you snug it up to the ends! Good luck and soon you will have no worries. I kept the disc in even though it's probably unnecessary at this point. It will help the pressure gauge last longer without feeling the massive spikes!

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Hey guys sorry for the late update, but I've been driving the car around and it seems that the fuel problem has solved itself. I still haven't dropped the tank or anything. I just did a few pulls and no more hesitation so I'm not sure what's going on haha(lucky me). I will more than likely still do the pprv delete just for the peace of mind!

Users who are viewing this thread