00 SE vs 00 GT PART 2

no slow 88

Established Member
Well we finally ran a GT with off road H pipe and flowmaster cat back and NT555R's drag radials, with the Maxima. First we went heads up. I was in the GT and video taped from there. We went on the 3rd honk, and the GT jumped out right ou the box while the max was fighting traction in 1st and 2nd. So the max let out!! We figured the we should go from a roll on the interstate so we did. Once on the interstate we got to 45 mph in 2nd and went on the 3rd honk again. This time the max stayed side by side with the GT till about 85-90 mph. When the GT hit 4th he pulled 4 cars on the max. At about 135 in 5th the GT was getting pulled back in by the Max. The max was doing 150 when he got beside the mustang. It seemed like once in 5th the GT did not pull any more mph. It stayed at 135/137. I quess that is the stock 3.27 not letting it pull 5th. Any way it was a fun run. I'll try to get my friend paul to post the video.

04HillzGT

Established Member
wow tell your buddy in the GT to get gears ASAP you'll definitely pull in third surprised the max hung that close, never had a chance to run a Max with stock gears guess it's too late now 4 cars though once he hit forth?

04HillzGT

Established Member
with the gears he will pull much harder down low and even still pull in 5th stock gears have basically zero pull in 5th which is probably why the max started catching up

no slow 88

Established Member
Well he started to pull at the top of 3rd and from there he pulled 4 to 6 cars untill 5th would not pull anymore. That is when the MAX ran us down. Still trying to get the video posted.

no slow 88

Established Member
I will tell my boy to get gears. He is thinking about 4.10's. had the GT had gears the out come would have been different.

04HillzGT

Established Member
gears will change the outcome completely I raced a stock GT 5-speed to measure how much I'd progressed since stock, from a 2nd gear roll 2 cars instantly even though the full exhaust helps it's the gears that were the main reason for the instant pull, stock GT's can handle a max, a GT with gears and exhaust would demolish a Max

Users who are viewing this thread