00 Se Vs 01 Gt

no slow 88

Established Member
One night I was following my home boy in his 2000 SE. When we pull up to a light and see this lowered GT with rims, exhaust from what i cuold see. Anyhow my home boy in SE only has minor bolt on's and was looking to race a new Gt to see how he faired. So the two of them gave alittle rev, and when the light went green the GT let the max out. Then he nailed, By this time the max was out by at least 2-3 cars because of the GT driver's kindness. I think the guy thought he would kill the 4 door sedan, but not the case! The mustang finally pulled around him at about 105. I think that if they would have went side by side in the 1/4 the mustang would have got him by a 1/2 or 1 car. CLose one!!

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
If he let him out by 3 or so cars and made that up and passed by 100 then if they went at the same time he would have raped that absolute shit out of that maxima. Those cars are SLOWWWWWWW

joegt38

Established Member
He shoulda killed the Maxima, the maxima is heavier and has less HP and way less torq. It don't add up, just my .02.

no slow 88

Established Member
Well the max would have lost straight up, but like I said he had a few bolt on's. With just the high flow intake it went 14.8 at 95

Zgarske01

Established Member
like you said the stang let him have a good amount of length before he nailed it passhing him at about 105 he would of killed him starting side by side in the 1/4

91tbird

Established Member
Back in highschool, I watched a 2000 Maxima run a low 14 with minimal mods. Those motors seem to be pretty torque and have considerable high end for what they are.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
3 Car lenghts to make up by 100 might not seem like much to you, but side by side that looks embarassing and it doesnt take very long to get to 100 so he was makin up ground pretty quick

no slow 88

Established Member
well my boy paul's dad has a gt so we will run them heads up and tape it. the GT is stoch with K&N filter. so the stock GT should When by what in the 1/4

2814v

Established Member
I have slow car's that want to race all the time, I useally just give it enough gas to beat them. Whats the piont of going ball's out, unless your trying to send a message. Yesterday at a light making a left turn a guy in a lowerd nissian tryed to take me in the corner, I just gave it enough to stay in front when the road narrowed to one lane, a few miles down the road it opened to three lanes. He pulled up next to me and said "man your car sound's really tight". I thanked him and when the light turned green I let him listen to it at wot all the way threw 3rd gear, granted he was ten buss lenghs back by then. But I gave him a show for being nice.

04HillzGT

Established Member
Originally posted by gtstang
can i rase the B.S flag at the 1/4mile race. he would only win by 1 car lenght. i dont thinks so! maybe by 3-4.

agreed from personal experience those maximas aren't anything but an easy kill, think about it he gave you 3 cars which is a lot and still got you by 105 I ran a few of the new ones not the latest body style but the 02's and from a stop they get owned

porshh951

Established Member
Both car's aren't fast so what does it matter. I don't know why your friend wants to race his momma car....but, if he want's to run I guess tell him a little giggle juice won't hurt.

Fyi 3 or 4 car's on the street is a nice pull.....from a even dead stop....sounds like he is going to walk you.

no slow 88

Established Member
First off the SE sure as hell isn't mine!!!! 2nd we have set up a race with a stock GT this weekend just to see what the gap will be. Video will be posted so time this weekend. Personally I can't think of a time when I have lost to a SOHC 4.6 GT in my 88 LX 5.0!! Those car's are slow right out the box.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Slow right out of the box.... plz tell me what your car ran out of the box, i dont think 88lx's can pull 13.9's and 14.0's:bash:

no slow 88

Established Member
My car went 9.20's in the 1/8 with just H pipe and 3.55 nothing else!!!! The car used to be a 4 cyl. so it weighs next to nothing. It 2850 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread