00R Brembro brake ???????

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
What wheels will fit those brakes? I see on www.gefracing.com that they require an 18" wheel. Is this TRUE? Has anyone put a 17" OEM 95 Cobra R wheel on with these brakes?

I am inquiring because I have bullitt brakes and 01 Cobra 13" brakes on my Coupe right now and am picking up a set of Brembo 4 pot 00R brakes next week.

If I need to upgrade to 00R wheels I will but would like to not have that expense to just have those brakes because I like my Bullitt wheels.

Any help would be much appreciated on this matter.

Andy maybe we could meet up if no one knows the answer to this as I have a loose bullitt wheel I could bolt up if you would allow me that?

You met me over at ChevronTexaco a long time ago and took me for a ride shortly before you left Cisco!

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
They will fit with the 03 Cobra stock wheels (17x9) I don't think they will fit with the OE bullitt wheels

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
According to Maximum Motorsports the 00R brakes require a 17" wheel with 50mm clearance to the back of the spokes. They say that the Cobra R 17x9, '98 Cobra (17x8) and Konig Villain rims (17x9) will fit.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I believe the 95R rims are the Cobra R 17x9 rims Maximum is refering to as the 00R rims are 18x9.5. I have not heard of any Cobra rims having problems with the 00R Brembos.

Cobra-R

Established Member
The 01 and older factory Cobra wheels will not clear the Brembo brakes. As stated above, the 95R, 00R, and the 03 Cobra wheels clear just fine.

Brian

PS: If you are going to use spacers, get longer wheel studs as well.

Andy M

Established Member
Matt,

How ya been man?... as David can attest, his 17" rims fit just fine on his 03 with the R Brembo brakes in front.

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
The 01 and older factory Cobra wheels will not clear the Brembo brakes. As stated above, the 95R, 00R, and the 03 Cobra wheels clear just fine.

Brian

PS: If you are going to use spacers, get longer wheel studs as well.

I will be getting the longer studs for the car all the way around and also the 1/2" hubcentric spacer from MM. Need to make sure I keep everything SQUARE!

What knurl diameter do the SN95 hubs have? I'm running 94-95 hubs.

(.615" knurl diameter)
(.585" knurl diameter)

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Matt,

How ya been man?... as David can attest, his 17" rims fit just fine on his 03 with the R Brembo brakes in front.

I'm great. Have changed routes and now have a pushrod FOX 85 Coupe that I would like to make a streetable OPEN TRACK car so that I can go and have fun on weekends where ever everyone is running. Get some seat time and then build an AI car.

So far that is what I have on the table. I wat to keep the car looking streetable with the option of throwing some different wheels and brake pads on and putting it on the track. So far things have been slow to happen do to a release from CT in December of 02 and a steady daytime HOME gig that was just getting the bills paid. So now it's time for me to have some fun. Open Track here I come. So in a few months you will be seeing me more often at those Texas area OT sessions.

Well I am going to get spacers for now to clear the street wheels and then will get some Konig wheels for OT days. That way I don't have to loose the look I'm going for or tear up a good set of street tires on the track.

I just figured you R guys would know the particulars on the wheels and Brembo brakes.

All the R's and developments/updates you guys have been doing to them looks and is great reading.

I will try to keep up with the OT stuff on the NASATX yahoo group.

The site has changed here a lot since last time I visited.

I would still like to maybe get together with you (Andy) and Joe and maybe go to an OT day before the car is on the street.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Matt

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by JKCOBRA98
You don't need them for your R? I'll email you tonight when I get home.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

No. I stumbled into a set of Alcons.:coolman:

BTW, I am in TX south of you. My dad lives up in Tivoli so getting them to you should be easy.

Tom

r82of250

Established Member
Hey Tom.

Not too many people "stumble onto" a set of Alcons. Can you offer some directions on the art of "stumbling" Tom? Heh, heh. I'm pulling your leg of course. I would like to have the Brembo calipers, but don't need the other parts.

Dean
the way I drive, great brakes are mandatory!

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
Originally posted by r82of250
Hey Tom.

Not too many people "stumble onto" a set of Alcons. Can you offer some directions on the art of "stumbling" Tom? Heh, heh. I'm pulling your leg of course. I would like to have the Brembo calipers, but don't need the other parts.

Dean

r82of250,

Maybe like this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...3563&item=2466734529&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT

"i got these huge 4 piston calipers, they are from an indy car but could be used on any car, my buddy bought them for his twin turbo nsx but went with something else and i was gonna use them on my car but decided to go another direction so i have no use for them, they are workign calipers, 2 front calipers and i also have a box of about 20 brake pads that go with them, buyer pays shipping, will ship to US only, don't bid if you are serious, good luck "

Brake.jpg

Tom, I sent you an email. Please let me know what you want for them?

Thanks,
Matt

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by r82of250
Hey Tom.

Dean

They came with 2 piece rotors and aluminum hats too. I am quite good at stumbling.;-)

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread