01-02 lightning owner PLEASE COME IN

TX-SS

currently i own a 02 Trans AM WS_6 M6...and my friend wants to trade his 01 lightning with my car..... and i just have some questions about L cuz i dont know much about em ..

how fast is 01-02 lightning STOCK ??? 1/4 mile 0-60mph

how expensive is it to modifiy??? pulley/exhaust/chip/tune and etc??

is there any recalls??? or any major problems??? i should look for??

how does it ride/handle??

thank you sooo much... :coolman:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
stock can range from 13.0 to 14 depending on temp/traction/driver

it can be cheap to modify chip, filter and pulley are basics and net great gains

the only problem is when you get to around 450+ rwhp the rods will break

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Lightnings are great vehicles. The interior won't squeak/rattle after a couple thousand miles and the quarters don't buckle either. A truck with just a filter chip and lower pulley is easily in the 12's.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
0-60 stock is 5.2 - 5.5 seconds. The Lightning will feel like a semi truck with a rocket on the back compared to your WS6. It's a whole different feeling, but you get used to it quick. WS6's are badass, but Lightnings are much nicer, much nicer interiors and all around build quality.

With a Lightning you can have a truck and a hot rod all in one. It's the best of both worlds.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
if your going to go silly with the truck and racing it a build block is a must
but yo ucan make a good amount of power with a chip, pulley, valve body and a ported blower
stock heads are damn good but there is not really an aftermarket you just send the stockers out to get ported ad make them that much better
but if you go with all of the above you do need to look into a new small block

add more if i missed something guys :beer:

Chi3f

Established Member
the cruise controll got recalled as well. I think it was for the lightning too i haven't had mine changed yet.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Still no fix for the speed control recall. Take it to the dealer and they deactivate, (unplug), it until they make a fix. And yes the L's are succeptable to that recall. I believe its only the 2000 model F-150's and L's though. Late Stan

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
TRUXKT_WS6 said:
currently i own a 02 Trans AM WS_6 M6...and my friend wants to trade his 01 lightning with my car..... and i just have some questions about L cuz i dont know much about em ..

how fast is 01-02 lightning STOCK ??? 1/4 mile 0-60mph

how expensive is it to modifiy??? pulley/exhaust/chip/tune and etc??

is there any recalls??? or any major problems??? i should look for??

how does it ride/handle??

thank you sooo much... :coolman:

This one's easy....just trade cars for a day or two. You will know very quickly that the L is the way to go. The L will drive and ride so much better, not to mention how much easier they are to get in and out of compared to an F body. AND!.....like everybody said, a chip, filter, and pulley will get you 12's for sure. Trade for a day, you will drive the L home as long as the owner doesn't change his mind. :rolling:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Still no fix for the speed control recall. Take it to the dealer and they deactivate, (unplug), it until they make a fix. And yes the L's are succeptable to that recall. I believe its only the 2000 model F-150's and L's though. Late Stan

No, there is a fix now... I have been installing the switches at work.

I ran 13.41 stock and it will cost about a grand to get you into the mid 12's previously mentioned things are rods breaking and plugs spitting. built engine with a kb and you are set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread