01 Blk Lightning 40K Miles

mhoover

Established Member
Whats up.

Looking to sell my Lightning. $20K

A few details: Have owned he truck, give or take, 9 years. Paint and Interior are excellent. Truck has sat inside for the past 8 years with very few miles being put on it. Bought is with 38K and now it has a little over 40K. Was bought with a slight miss, went to have it repaired and the tech got it out of time, bent a valve, messed up the head, etc etc. So I pulled motor and tranny out, got busy with work, and the truck ended up sitting in my shop for 8 years until about 6 months ago.

I swapped the motor and tranny from another 01 Lightning that had about the same # of miles on it. That truck was hit in the driver's door, bent the frame, and insurance totaled the truck. Since it was running when I found it, I bought the motor and tranny and transplanted it in my truck. Got it running and that's where I am now.

If you are interested I can give more details over the phone or via email. PM Me and I'll be glad to expand more if needed.

Ill post the pics below that I have on my phone and will get more this weekend to post later.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_4768.JPG
IMG_4769.JPG
IMG_4767.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

mhoover

Established Member
Do you still have the original motor and transmission?
No I do not. Head was messed up and when I sent it off to see if it could be repaired, company said no.

Tranny I believe is original.

mhoover

Established Member
Just need #7 of the market rules, thanks.

Dang my fault. I haven’t been on the forum in a while and I missed this update. I have however seen pics regarding rule #7 in other posts and was wondering what it was for.

I’ll be in front of the truck Friday morning if that will work?

Users who are viewing this thread