01 C5 vrs 89 turbo rx7

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by gz89rx7tii
Yeah I havent had a problem with a GT yet.

Any new kills???

Nope .... Muskegon sucks for haveing any amount of fast cars. I would love to race another almost stock c5 But everyone that owns a C5 is 65 or older and they never push it past the post 70mph limit :nonono:

10thCobra

Established Member
Nice car gz89rx7tii and very clean. I used to own an 88 10th Anniversary TII.

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
hell yeah it does! well maybe someday we can run into each other again and have some fun. :)
I see Josh all the time so Just give him a shout and we will hook it up :burnout:

Last edited:

DHFB

Established Member
Take it easy on the ricer thing; remeber Ford owns Mazda and it has 0 affiliation with any Japanese company. I agree with the other guy. A ricer in my opinion has a gaint carbon fiber whale tale and 5" exhaust with a stock single liter motor, however, you have to give some kudos to these guys who can run with a v-8 using a small inline 4 setup or the rotary you ran on this video. Personally I would never buy a japanese car but live and let live man. Also, that single turbo wankel motor you ran on that RX7; you could pick it up with your own arms, they weigh less than 150 pounds.

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by 10thCobra
Nice car gz89rx7tii and very clean. I used to own an 88 10th Anniversary TII.

Thank you. They are fun to drive thats for sure.
Granted it would take a shit ton to get it to the HP range that your in with bolt-ons. Thanks for the compliment.

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by DHFB
Take it easy on the ricer thing; remeber Ford owns Mazda and it has 0 affiliation with any Japanese company. I agree with the other guy. A ricer in my opinion has a gaint carbon fiber whale tale and 5" exhaust with a stock single liter motor, however, you have to give some kudos to these guys who can run with a v-8 using a small inline 4 setup or the rotary you ran on this video. Personally I would never buy a japanese car but live and let live man. Also, that single turbo wankel motor you ran on that RX7; you could pick it up with your own arms, they weigh less than 150 pounds.

Yeah it sucks that 90% if not more of the import drivers out there stick a muffler on there car and think it should run 12's. It deffinitly gives import drivers a bad rap. I have been stereotyped many times and just talking to the people who stereotype me makes them think differently.

Granted I have seen some riced out domestics but it is NOWHERE near the amount of imports.

10thCobra

Established Member
Thank you. They are fun to drive thats for sure.
Granted it would take a shit ton to get it to the HP range that your in with bolt-ons. Thanks for the compliment.

Hey not a problem. I used to be a rotary mechanic at an RX-7 shop for two years, and nice ones didn't come by frequently. I had mine with a ton of goodies, 4.375 rear end, cartech water/air ic, Greddy turbo kit, racing beat full exhaust, HKS filter, MSD, ported 3mm motor, shocks and sway bars, HKS PFC-F-CON, Greddy boost controller, etc. And yes, it did put the hurting on pleny of vettes and stangs, actually my first kill with the Greddy turbo was a new C5 the first year they came out. At times I miss it, miss the stratospheric redline, the turbo spool, the handling, and the flames out the exhaust! I don't miss the lack of low end grunt (life didn't really start until 5500 rpm till 9000rpms) and the tricky launch (spin or bog). It was a VERY light car, it had the stock interior and it weighed in at 2565 lbs at a truck scale. But I think my Cobra 10th more than makes up for the void.... ;-) . Anyways, if I ever own one, I will definately drop a 20b in it no questions asked.

matty

Established Member
damn this thread is juts ridiculous!! some of you guys are pretty immature.

Anyways i should be racing an 03 cobra soon....should be on tape too. Some of u better hope i lose.

matt
94 rx7
stock engine / stock turbo

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Yeah it sucks that 90% if not more of the import drivers out there stick a muffler on there car and think it should run 12's. It deffinitly gives import drivers a bad rap. I have been stereotyped many times and just talking to the people who stereotype me makes them think differently.

Granted I have seen some riced out domestics but it is NOWHERE near the amount of imports.

Not just import owners my friend, sport compact owners in general. I always get grouped with Ricer hondas and the such...its sad really.

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by 10thCobra
Hey not a problem. I used to be a rotary mechanic at an RX-7 shop for two years, and nice ones didn't come by frequently. I had mine with a ton of goodies, 4.375 rear end, cartech water/air ic, Greddy turbo kit, racing beat full exhaust, HKS filter, MSD, ported 3mm motor, shocks and sway bars, HKS PFC-F-CON, Greddy boost controller, etc. And yes, it did put the hurting on pleny of vettes and stangs, actually my first kill with the Greddy turbo was a new C5 the first year they came out. At times I miss it, miss the stratospheric redline, the turbo spool, the handling, and the flames out the exhaust! I don't miss the lack of low end grunt (life didn't really start until 5500 rpm till 9000rpms) and the tricky launch (spin or bog). It was a VERY light car, it had the stock interior and it weighed in at 2565 lbs at a truck scale. But I think my Cobra 10th more than makes up for the void.... ;-) . Anyways, if I ever own one, I will definately drop a 20b in it no questions asked.

Damn that sounds like a NICE ride. I was thinking of doing the 20b swap and it still might happen but I just got the block rebuilt like 6 months ago at Rotary Ressurrection(Kevin Landers) so it now has a large streetport with 2mm, T04b hybrid and many other goodies. So I was thinking of just getting a To4E, Greddy FMIC, 1600 secondaries, Walbro, Haltech or Microtech

Then if the new motor goes........20B. But if I find one for a decent price thats blown up it would be very hard to pass up.

10thCobra

Established Member
Damn that sounds like a NICE ride. I was thinking of doing the 20b swap and it still might happen but I just got the block rebuilt like 6 months ago at Rotary Ressurrection(Kevin Landers) so it now has a large streetport with 2mm, T04b hybrid and many other goodies. So I was thinking of just getting a To4E, Greddy FMIC, 1600 secondaries, Walbro, Haltech or Microtech

Then if the new motor goes........20B. But if I find one for a decent price thats blown up it would be very hard to pass up.

Cool, that is the same exact turbo before the Greddy. I would go ahead and get the Walbro and do the relay fuel pump mod to provide constant power to the fuel pump if you haven't done so. This will prevent the voltage from going down and lower then chances of running lean.

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Yeah I have the stock FD pump rewired right now. So the walbro install wont take long at all :) Are you near Gotham racing at all? I was looking into the Greddy 20g turbo kit. Is that the one that you had? If so what kind of power was it making because I cant find much info on it at all. I would guess around 375 with supporting mods

10thCobra

Established Member
Yeah, I know Steve Khan personally. We used to go to a lot of import drag races, we met thru efnet irc on the rx7 channel. He's a cool guy. I talked to him about a month ago. He's working on a 20B for his FD. I had the Greddy TD06SH kit which I think was rated at up to 400-450hp.

10thCobra

Established Member
That's a nice one. That's where I used to work, Alamo Rotary. No way I would pay more than 10K for an FD (3rd gen RX-7). You could get one for around or less than 10K with a blown motor and build it up for way less than a total of what this guy is asking. And the dumbass wants to sell the car but keeps modding and upping the price... DUH

Users who are viewing this thread