01 C5 vrs 89 turbo rx7

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Thanks for the words of advice. As far as my buddie goes I havent talked to him since I saw/heard the tape. Whats funny is when he went down to tennesse with me to get it after the rebuild he couldnt stop talking about how he wanted to get one. :)

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by xilix
I like SC400's..You should mod. that.

Just my taste but I think your 7 would look better with just one exhaust outlet.

Yeah I thought about modding the SC but I need something to drive in the winter.

Alot of guys with high HP numbers run single exhaust and it makes sense, and I may end up going that route but the bumper has the cut outs for duals from mazda soooo as of right now it IMO would look kinda strange.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
the duals on the rear look soo damn ugly and out of place
duals JUST DONT SUIT IMPORTS! LET ALONE RICE!..
and my jaw droppped the first time when u got raped by the gay thing lol...but i assumed it was because of the car in front of u but i guess its cuse u missed the shift
but nice kill TEACH EM THE LESSON OF MUSCLE

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by TorchRedCobra04
the duals on the rear look soo damn ugly and out of place
duals JUST DONT SUIT IMPORTS! LET ALONE RICE!..
and my jaw droppped the first time when u got raped by the gay thing lol...but i assumed it was because of the car in front of u but i guess its cuse u missed the shift
but nice kill TEACH EM THE LESSON OF MUSCLE

LOL some people

they have duals stock since 1986. Waaaayyy before you would of ever called the car rice. But thats your opinion and I am not about to start an internet pissing contest. Thats not why I am here. And just for the record I have never told him that I hate american muscle, he probably just thinks that because I told him to buy an S2000 over a vette. And not because it would be faster. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
oh my bad man, i aint guna be an asshole like someone people and back my self up, i really did not know they had stock duals
and the fact that u said "u are not about to start an internet pissing contest" over something like this, yah u are probably my first repsected import driver
i am pretty sure although the mufflers u had on the car are fart cans tho lol
but ahh well, yah its your opinion between what u like and dont like
and once again, i never knew they had stock duals...i learned something new today :D

and i just looked at some rx7s from around time, they dont look that bad with tips on the duals

Last edited:

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
well I respect your kind words. Hopefully I can frequent this site and learn some new things myself.

Just an fyi..... they arent fart cans. Its the Greddy Power extreme cat back($950) one of if not the best systems you can purchase for the car.

Thanks for being open minded though. :)

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
catbacks huh, not bad. I have a few friends who are into imports, they sort of ruin it for people like you by talking thier life away about how fast they are and can eat any american car but anyway. I hear a lot about headerback exhausts and how well they work on import cars, perhaps an rx7, u ever try one of them?

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by TorchRedCobra04
catbacks huh, not bad. I have a few friends who are into imports, they sort of ruin it for people like you by talking thier life away about how fast they are and can eat any american car but anyway. I hear a lot about headerback exhausts and how well they work on import cars, perhaps an rx7, u ever try one of them?

Well I assume you know that my engine doesnt have a head. Plus its a turbo which has no head also. Just a downpipe. But I do have 3" from the turbo all the way back. cant get to much bigger due to lack of space.

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by gz89rx7tii
LOL some people

they have duals stock since 1986. Waaaayyy before you would of ever called the car rice. But thats your opinion and I am not about to start an internet pissing contest. Thats not why I am here. And just for the record I have never told him that I hate american muscle, he probably just thinks that because I told him to buy an S2000 over a vette. And not because it would be faster. Thats just my opinion.

I know Ive been trying to talk him out of getting a s2000 for the past 2 weeks ......lol
long
Ive been trying to get him into a 00-01 ws6 with a six speed in it. S2000's Have no torque and there really isnt a Ton you can do with them except throw it around like a Go cart. Simply put After driveing my C5 for a year then jumping in a S2000. It felt like I was on a slow Boat to china driveing the thing

The reason I say Ws6 is because He can get into one of them for Less than a s2000 and with a few mods Like Long tubes and a cam with a tune hes looking at 400Hp at the rear wheels. When you start with a V8 eng that gets 27mpg at the highway and has 320hp Stock Your so much farther ahead right off the showroom floor

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
oh yeah agreed anything with an LS1 is going to be one of the best platforms to start with. He was telling me about the WS6 and agreed it would be fast but IMO I just dont care for the front end of those cars.

I guess I am just partial to the S2k due to the fact that I dont know anyone who has one. But if deff would take ALOT more money to make it put down 400rwhp. Granted if he did put that much into it, it would sure suprise alot of people.

drod

Established Member
gz89rx7tii,

My brother had a aneversity model. I belive it was a 1987 with a highly modified 93 RX7 engine. The car was very fast. Nice ride BTW!!

redbone

BANNED
. Plus its a turbo which has no head also. Just a downpipe. But I do have 3" from the turbo all the way back. cant get to much bigger due to lack of space.
It has to have an exhaust manifold (header).
Do you know how a turbo works? The exhaust is what spools the turbo.
The exhaust comes out of the head through the MANIFOLD, enters the exhaust side of the turbo, and spins the turbine wheel.
The spinning turbine spins the compressor wheel(intake side), which sucks the air into the turbo.
Meanwhile, the turbine is shooting the exhaust out the downpipe, and through your $950 catback.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Originally posted by blackhatchb20
i always post stuff like that

i dont care...if u want to call me a ricer because it took me 3 years to build my car how i wanted it, then go ahead...i hand built the motor, put it in, the only thing i didnt tune it because i dont own a dyno...

oh wait i'm a ricer because i drive a honda:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haha...You 'hand built' your engine and then didnt tune it because you don't have a dyno? Let me know how that works out for you.

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by redbone
It has to have an exhaust manifold (header).
Do you know how a turbo works? The exhaust is what spools the turbo.
The exhaust comes out of the head through the MANIFOLD, enters the exhaust side of the turbo, and spins the turbine wheel.
The spinning turbine spins the compressor wheel(intake side), which sucks the air into the turbo.
Meanwhile, the turbine is shooting the exhaust out the downpipe, and through your $950 catback.

Yeah I am fully aware of how a turbo works. But he was saying that I should get a header back exhaust. And I think he is basically saying a new "header",mid-pipe,cat-back. So thats why I said I cant have a header back because its a turbo. It only has a downpipe,mid-pipe,cat-back. Maybe we arent seeing this eye to eye so please clarify if I am wrong.

Now if it was a N/A car then yes I could have a header back. Again maybe we arent seeing this from the same angle so please clarify if what I am saying isnt corrisponding to what you were trying to say.

gz89rx7tii

Established Member
Originally posted by drod
gz89rx7tii,

My brother had a aneversity model. I belive it was a 1987 with a highly modified 93 RX7 engine. The car was very fast. Nice ride BTW!!

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah the anniversary model was in 88 and was all white. Did he keep the stock sequential twin turbos on it or did he go with a large single? Most guys run large singles because the twins create too much heat and heat is one of the biggest killers of rotary engines.

redbone

BANNED
Yeah I am fully aware of how a turbo works. But he was saying that I should get a header back exhaust. And I think he is basically saying a new "header",mid-pipe,cat-back. So thats why I said I cant have a header back because its a turbo. It only has a downpipe,mid-pipe,cat-back. Maybe we arent seeing this eye to eye so please clarify if I am wrong.

Now if it was a N/A car then yes I could have a header back. Again maybe we arent seeing this from the same angle so please clarify if what I am saying isnt corrisponding to what you were trying to say.
I see what you're saying.

89coupe

Established Member
I have a friend with an 00 Civic SIR that walks on stock C5's all day long. He has $3,000.00 in mods on his car. There is another guy in my city with a 95 Civic with around $12,000.00 in mods plus cost of car $5,000.00 total $17,000.00 and he just put down 512fwhp.

To each his own I say. My definition of Rice is not an import. Rice to me is any car that is outrageously done up with stupid things like, big wings, stickers everywhere, bad paint jobs, neon lights, multi colored interiors, shit like that.

A good example of a cool Civic is Cheesefrogs. I'm sure many of you have seen this vid of him going up against a highly modded Viper. http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1

Another vid of him taking down a 650rwhp Supra.
http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=4
http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5

Originally posted by cobraless
I've wanted this question answered for so long, but I haven't got a response.. When are people going to wake up and realize that starting with a honda civic as a platform for a sports car just isn't going to work unless you have a TON of money.. Suspension=not good Motor=weak and front wheel drive to boot.. I understand that there are a lot of young people who want to drive a "performance" car, but for gods sake do some research before buying a turd..

Pat

Machinator

Banned
blackhatch20 you are an idiot, Its AMERICAN muscle or nothing, not some, economy gas saver turned turbo. Cubic inches are the all important factor here and we AMERICANS are the creators of motorsports so take your foreign crap in and get a real car!

Users who are viewing this thread