01 cobra goes gown to the 95GT

last5liter

Established Member
Took the car out for a little cruising on a nice cool fall Michigan Saturday. After a while I saw a blue 01 cobra upa ways so I catch up. Very nice car blue with crome wheels. He ends up behind me and I see him and the girl in his car looking and pointing at my car.

Well we end up next to each other and a light and I look over at him and suggest if he wanted to run them. He was like oh ya!

Sweet it's on, light went green and I babied out of the hole, we were neck and neck. Bark second and pull a 1/4 car length! then I rip into third and let out a chirp as I pull a 1/2 to 3/4 car lead.........I could see the girl smiling in the passenger seat as I chirped third passing them.
We had to slow down quickly due to the fact we were approaching an intersection that was red. I looked over and the guy gave me a thumbs up. I honked and waved as he turned off. Very cool guy.

I cant wait till I get the AFR heads and cam installed next spring......Hoping for 300-330 rwhp. then I can pick on the mostly stock LS1's

It really feels like an acomplishment knowing how slow my car was when I bought it from ford.

190rwhp--------->300-330rwhp all motor!!!!!

As the car sits it makes around 250hp

silver01snake

Established Member
Hey last5liter. What are you 1/4 times. Just wondering. THat cobra must have been stock I'm thinking. There slow until you uncork them lol. Good run by the way. I'm ran a best of 12.84 at 107.27 witha stock motored 01 cobra. Mods are Mac cats back , Mac off road h pipe, WMS cai kit, 4:10s and a diablo sport chip tuned. Dynoed at 306 hp the the rear. STill have to do the header, pro m 87 and a dyno tune. Good luck and keep the rubber side down....

last5liter

Established Member
Originally posted by silver01snake
Hey last5liter. What are you 1/4 times. Just wondering. THat cobra must have been stock I'm thinking. There slow until you uncork them lol.

You think thats slooooow, aparently you never drove a stock 95GT.............:loser:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
got a suspension? My buddy had a 88 lx with 306, putting about 280ish to the ground, BUT he had a killer suspension that put him high 12s. ON the street with DRs or slicker (don't remember) he could pull the left front tire off the ground about 6"....

Users who are viewing this thread