'01 Cobra v. '10 Camaro SS

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
I was driving to the gym down in Mexico with my buddy when a blacked out SS comes up on me quick, pauses next to me for a split second, revs his engine, and screams off ahead. I haven't had much action in a while so I decided to follow this guy. We stick together through some traffic and then turn off onto a more clear 3 lane highway.

By now I am in front and there are no cars ahead or behind us so I merge all the way over to the left lane and wait for the SS to get in the middle lane to my right. instead he gets right behind me and I can hear his rpm's come up high. This wasn't the race I wanted, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get.

I bring my rpm's up to 4k in 3rd at 60mph and punch it. I knew I had the faster car and with the hit it was over quick. Easy 5-6 car lengths by the top of 4th before letting out. I slow down and move to the middle lane waiting for the guy in the SS to pull up so I can give him a thumbs up. He pulls up next to me and kinda pins me behind a uhaul truck so I get behind him to pass the box truck. As soon as I pull behind him, he takes off! I quickly drop from 5th to 3rd and slam my gas pedal. 555r's scream at 60mph and I quickly close the gap and ride him tight so he knows he isnt getting away.

After that I pull up next to him and we exchange thumbs ups. Then I pull off and he follows me onto the exit. We hit a red light and he pulls into the lane to my left as we wait for the green. I wasn't sure if he wanted to race from a dig because he didn't rev or bring his rpm's up. So I take off relatively easy and he guns it. Instantly he has a car length on me. I punch it and wheel hop/make my nittos shriek. I'm peddling trying to find my balance between traction and acceleration. By the middle of 3rd I catch him and put about a car to. Car and a half on him. After this we exchange thumbs up again and go our separate ways for real. Nice guy and fun pulls.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice kills, sounds like he just couldnt take a hint. haha

01strokersnake

Established Member
Mod List

Performance
-DSS 5.0 Stroker Aluminum Super Mod Engine 9.25:1 CR
-Vortech Aftercooled V2 T-Trim Kit (18psi)
-03/04 Fuel Tank with Dual Ford GT Pumps
-Fore Precision Works Billet Dual Pump Fuel Hat
-Fore Precision Works Dual FPDM
-Fore Precision Works Billet Aluminum Fuel Rails
-60# Fuel Injectors
-Comp Cams Xe266bh-116 Camshafts
-Accufab Dual 60mm Throttle Body
-MMR .5" Intake Spacer
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-2007 GT500 Front Heat Exchanger
-AFM Power Pipe
-Moroso 8 Quart Oil Pan
-Moroso Billet Aluminum Aftercooler Resovoir
-Moroso Billet Aluminum Radiator Overflow Tank
-Moroso Billet Aluminum Power Steering Tank
-BBK 1-5/8" Long Tube Headers
-BBK Catted H-Pipe
-Borla S-Type Stingers Catback Exhaust
-Steeds Battery Relocation Kit

Drivetrain
-DSS Pro-Series Half Shafts
-FRPP 4.10:1 Differential Gear and Pinion Set
-LPW Differential Cover
-Spec Billet Aluminum Flywheel
-Spec 2+ Clutch Kit
-Steeda Tri-Ax Shortshifter
-FRPP Driveshaft Loop Suspension
-Maximum Motorsports XLSFC
-Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Differential Bushings
-Maximum Motorsports Delrin Upper Control Arm Bushings
-Maximum Motorsports Delrin Lower Control Arm Bushings
-Maximum Motorsports Urethane Subframe Bushings
-Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Outer Tie-Rod Ends
-Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Rear Swaybar Endlinks
-Maximum Motorsports IRS Cross Member Brace
-Maximum Motorsports Low-Profile Subframe Bolts
-Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Differential Mount/Brace
-Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
-Tokico HP Series Shocks/Struts

Traction
-Front = 18x9 GT4 wheels with Sumitomo HTRZIII's 265/40/18
-Rear = 18x10 GT4 wheels with Nitto 555r's 305/ 35/18

Exterior
-Smoked/Tinted Headlights
-Black Aluminum Rear Bumper Letters
-Cobra Grill Emblem (A true must-have item for any Cobra owner)

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Are mod engine bays that cramped? 1 5/8 headers have got to be killing your power pushing that much air.

No you could run 2 inch long tubes if you wanted. Problem is 1 3/4 inch longtubes typically run about 1200 dollars or more while you can pick up a set of 1 5/8 inch for 500 bucks....

C6 Z06

Established Member
Nice kill. I had a slomaro for a few weeks. Fun car, but needs mods the day you buy it. :rockon:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Stroked, Blown, "Everything"<-------luv it, lol. Car is tastefully modded and looks good as well. GK! pic of the cobra?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Ok seriously.....you have all that done to your car which we all know cost a boatload of time & money to do. But you arbitrarily draw the line when it comes to purchasing the correct headers? That extra $700 was just going too far?

Nice runs and your car sounds like a monster. Not dogging you because you can run quick shop soda straws for headers if you want. I don't care. Just trying to decipher the logic in that one.

01strokersnake

Established Member
Ok seriously.....you have all that done to your car which we all know cost a boatload of time & money to do. But you arbitrarily draw the line when it comes to purchasing the correct headers? That extra $700 was just going too far?

Nice runs and your car sounds like a monster. Not dogging you because you can run quick shop soda straws for headers if you want. I don't care. Just trying to decipher the logic in that one.

Haha I appreciate you looking out for me bro. Shoot me a PM with the headers I 'should' be running and I will look into it. I'm always looking to get faster!

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

Or maybe he was just like me when I built my motor and just ran out of money?

Users who are viewing this thread