01 Cobra vs. 03 Cobra

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Tonight I was at taco bell hanging out with some friends when an 03 Cobra convertible pulled in. Ended up talking to the guy and found out that we went to high school together.

He had just gotten the car and said that he had beaten an SRT4 earlier that night. I asked him if he wanted to run and he was all for it. So we headed out to Mexico and got a few runs in.

I got him by a good amount but he is planning on putting a pulley on his car and maybe porting it at some point. We had a video of one of our runs from inside each car.

We tried to get another run in and I actually pulled a little harder on the 2nd run but he missed a gear. It was a great night, hopefully more to come this summer.

Mods on the cars-

03 Cobra- K&N intake, X-pipe, cat-back and 3.73 gears.

01 Cobra- Eaton swap, ported Eaton, X-pipe, cat-back, and JLT rai.

View from 03 Cobra
[youtube_browser]uyErCcKClTw[/youtube_browser]

View from 01 Cobra
[youtube_browser]C-y90W9vGZw[/youtube_browser]

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Ported eaton Cobra vs a non ported eaton Terminator, expected outcome. Nice kill op.

19935.slow

Established Member
Your car runs very well. The 01's had more compression no? If so, that makes for cheap easy power with the eaton for sure.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Nice kill op. Bet that was satisfying.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it's nice beating up on your big brother :-D

nice you skull dragged em:beer:

Thanks!

Ported eaton Cobra vs a non ported eaton Terminator, expected outcome. Nice kill op.

Most 99/01's don't put down nearly the hp that I do, the weak pistons and rods really hold them back.

Your car runs very well. The 01's had more compression no? If so, that makes for cheap easy power with the eaton for sure.

Yeah 9.1 if I'm not mistaken, I'm only on 7-8 psi making 464+whp (put down 464 on the one tune and had the AFR leaned out a little so unknown hp on the highest tune). Compression is a wonderful thing :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread