01 Cobra vs. 94 Impalla SS

laz2447

Established Member
out crusing with my dad one night...

he has a red 01 cobra, for those of you who didnt see my post of my svt roots in the family...;-)

we pull up to the light...impalla ss, automatic, bone stock, kid with his hat backwords, muslce shirt, and metallica blasting...

i see him look in his rear view mirror, and his buddy is behind him in a grand national...the kid in the impalla is smiling...with cause he knows he is gonna get stomped by the snake in front of his friend, or because he thinks he can run...either way its on...
:thumbsup:

light turns green and my dad launches the snake off the line and the impalla floors it...well its over by 2nd gear but my dad takes it through till 4th and then lets off because he has the kid by about a car lenght to a car and a half...

to which the kid proceeds to do a ricer fly by...but whatever...his friend then does a fly by in the grand national...to which i say :nono:

later up the road they are riding along so my dad looks at me (keep in mind he is a 60 year-old man) and without any word he romps on the snake again and we fly past the impalla and the gn...so i was laughing...:loser:

they tried to keep up, but i was very impressed at how the cobra was breathing in the upper rpms 3rd and 4th gear...:thumbsup:

twas just another general motors beating at the hands of a cobra :thumbsup:

this was really the first time i remember my dad racing anyojne with the snake...the 01 has 3900 miles on it...he babies it so...but doesnt let anyone poke at it...if they do...this snake will bite :D

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
What gears is he running in that snake? If he went through third and was only 1.5 lengths ahead there needs to be some lessons taught. Regardless good kill.

laz2447

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
What gears is he running in that snake? If he went through third and was only 1.5 lengths ahead there needs to be some lessons taught. Regardless good kill.

my pop never pushes it as hard as he could...he is weird like that...babies it to much sometimes...he does just enough to beat people...and he is happy enough with that...:)

laz2447

Established Member
Originally posted by blackfang
Nice Kill. I am waiting to whip my dads butt in his 94 impalla SS.

i hope i am not steppin on anyones toes bro!!!

i am not puttin down the Impalla SS at all...i am a fan of the SS, as well as the new Merc!!!

just sharing a story my good friend!

l8r!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Too bad I still didnt have mine, cause I would have to show him the power of the LT1 with a supercharger :p
You need a puffer on that boat :-D I once beat one in my stock '89 Probe GT Turbo, 0-100...

Users who are viewing this thread