01 cobra vs bmw m3

Auto

Established Member
I don't really know the year for the beemer, but it was a beautiful car, guy was a total douche though. I have never raced one, so I didn't really know its potential. I was kinda thinkin I would lose but figured I wanna at least try since this guy was just being stupid. So, we were turning left I was in front and pull into the #2 lane, he went into the #1. He tries to do a "fly-by" but failed pretty bad lol. I mashed the pedal in 2nd gear and shut him down and put some distance in him, maybe a car. We meet at the next light, I pull next to him and gave him thumbs up on his car, he looked at me like I was stupid. Whatever. Light turns green and we both go from 1st gear, he couldn't do anything as I was about 1/2 to 1 car length in the lead. I shut down around 60. Maybe he couldn't drive or what? I got on my car pretty good. I was happy though, I know it doesnt seem like much, but funny how his more expensive beemer got beat by a $10k mustang lol ...

By the way, my car is stock except for cat-back. In no way do I think my car is super fast, just thought I would share :beer:

CLN 6R

Established Member
If it was a newish M3, I call BS, and/or the guy couldn't drive.

I'm going to guess it was a little bit older of a model.

Auto

Established Member
If it was a newish M3, I call BS, and/or the guy couldn't drive.

I'm going to guess it was a little bit older of a model.

For sure I can say that it was not a newer one, its pretty identical to the one that Grant218 posted. And like I said, I know my car isn't fast. But it was fun lettin the guy hear my exhaust scream as I passed his door :rockon:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I don't really know the year for the beemer, but it was a beautiful car, guy was a total douche though. I have never raced one, so I didn't really know its potential. I was kinda thinkin I would lose but figured I wanna at least try since this guy was just being stupid. So, we were turning left I was in front and pull into the #2 lane, he went into the #1. He tries to do a "fly-by" but failed pretty bad lol. I mashed the pedal in 2nd gear and shut him down and put some distance in him, maybe a car. We meet at the next light, I pull next to him and gave him thumbs up on his car, he looked at me like I was stupid. Whatever. Light turns green and we both go from 1st gear, he couldn't do anything as I was about 1/2 to 1 car length in the lead. I shut down around 60. Maybe he couldn't drive or what? I got on my car pretty good. I was happy though, I know it doesnt seem like much, but funny how his more expensive beemer got beat by a $10k mustang lol ...

By the way, my car is stock except for cat-back. In no way do I think my car is super fast, just thought I would share :beer:
Good kill, but I don't know why people still bring up the price of the car. I'm sure if he wanted to buy a fast car it would've been something else.

TT6bmwTX

Established Member
Re: cost

+1
Its all relative.
Good kill. E46 Ms (S54 engines) can run in the low 13s but you have to beat on them to do it.

He probably thought you were a standard GT- mistake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread