'01 Cobra vs Z28 Camaro

FastEddie59

English/Aussie/American
Established Member
I'm new to this so forgive me if I don't have all the mechanical details.

My wife took our '01 Cobra vert to the strip recently and went up against a 1999 Z28 1LE 6spd Camaro.

The Cobra was stock then except for an FIPK K&N Filter and a Steeda tri-ax just installed. The Camaro had a aftermarket catback and drag radials.

My wife edged out the Camaro at the 1/4 mile with a 13.89.

The best part of winning for her was the fact that she used to be a hard core chevy girl. She and her previous husband used to rebuild chevvies on the side for extra money. So this was a sweet victory indeed.... :rockon:

Last edited:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Welcome to the site!! She only turnea a 13.89? Good Kill. LS1's turn low thirteens bone stock so don't start thinking you've got a Chevy killer just yet!!

FastEddie59

English/Aussie/American
Established Member
32V GT said:
Welcome to the site!! She only turnea a 13.89? Good Kill. LS1's turn low thirteens bone stock so don't start thinking you've got a Chevy killer just yet!!

Thanks for the welcome... She is just learning about racing so she is not getting a big head or anything. She is just enjoying the trip. We are both learning about the small things we can do to mod the car. Next comes the first major job - subframe connectors!

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
That's awesome she is a ford woman now. The guy in the ls1 didn't run his best time possible, but she didn't run her best time possible either. It would be a very close.. :beer:

Cahill00SS

Established Member
but if you can't run faster than a 13.89 in a 6 speed Ls1 on DR's then you need to stop racing.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
but if you can't run faster than a 13.89 in a 6 speed Ls1 on DR's then you need to stop racing.

So his wife beat one of your beloved LS1's? BFD You need to relax.

FastEddie59

English/Aussie/American
Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
Nah, practice, practice and more practice. Not everyone is a natural out of the box racer. Some have to acquire the skill.

My wife is still learning. It was her 2nd time racing at the track. We are still learning the best way to mod the car to get the most bang for our buck.

She still has a problem power shifting into 3rd and she worries a lot about wheel hop :)

Last edited:

Cahill00SS

Established Member
no i was just commenting on how the driver sucked. I beat several LS1's in my LT1 (times in sig).all from digs ofcourse. Believe me i'm am far from close minded and not on a "high horse" like some fellow LS1 owners.

EDt: sig didn't show up my auto '93 LT1 ran 13.7@102 with intake, and a cut out

CobraG

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
no i was just commenting on how the driver sucked. I beat several LS1's in my LT1 (times in sig).all from digs ofcourse. Believe me i'm am far from close minded and not on a "high horse" like some fellow LS1 owners.

It's all good man, finally, a cool SS guy, first I've met :coolman:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:

I understand. A car is only as good as the driver this is a concept that many don't grasp. I hung with (but a little ahead of) a z06 in my 99 N/A and he was balls to the wall. I know the car was faster than mine but he just didn't down shift enough I guess.
:beer:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
I understand. A car is only as good as the driver this is a concept that many don't grasp. I hung with (but a little ahead of) a z06 in my 99 N/A and he was balls to the wall. I know the car was faster than mine but he just didn't down shift enough I guess.
:beer:

I love when you get a race like that because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. The only problem is that the next time you race a Z06 you will not get the same result. :(

Users who are viewing this thread