'01 Cobra w/ exhaust vs. '96 'vert

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
We hadn't even gotten parked when a Mineral Gray Cobra rolled by and got on it around the corner. Exhaust sounded mean as hell, so I whipped around and went after him. Once I got behind him I saw that it was a 2001. Has me beat in hp and torque stock, and it had a catback. Ehh, what the hell...

I followed him onto the ramp and heard him drop down a gear. I grabbed 2nd and held it 'til to the top of the ramp, leaving about a car between us. Sure enough, once he got to the top, he hit it. I nailed it and ran out 2nd, then hit 3rd and moved across to the left lane. Slammed 4th and started reeling him in little by little until we were door to door, then a fender ahead. Then I heard him go for the next gear...

and miss. :lol1:

Score another one for the "factory freak". ;-)

99SVTcobraVERT

not suprised you pulled him low end like that because i know whatthat 3:73 can do for the dohc, i am suprised you got him on top end. GREAT kill, made him feel like a jacka** i bet! from your perspective honestly do you think it would have mattered if he got into his next gear? were you like pulling him consistantly or do you think you would have lost handle on the race? not flaming or bringing the thread down just asking.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
It was hard to tell at first; I thought I wasn't going to be able to reel him in at all. From the difference in his exhaust pitch, I'm guessing he still had 3.27s in his car. 3rd and 4th gears were a slow but steady gain on him.

I don't think him missing a gear changed the outcome, but it sure made it more amusing for me. :-D

BTW, nice looking ride you've got.

99SVTcobraVERT

H*LL yeah, waxed dat ass,you go drop top!. dont you love factory freaks? mine came with 280rwhp/289rwtq SAE. more than the average 265-275rwhp range

99SVTcobraVERT

p.s. i would have felt sorry for him if you would have had the top up....for further explanation go to the 911 twin turbo/vt lambo kill post and read what i said about topdown drag.

Users who are viewing this thread