01 GT 700hp and a $53k invested...

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
If he's dumb enough to pay that much, someone is smart enough to take that much from him

S197man

Established Member
wow what kind of idiot drops "$53k" in a two-valve? I'm calling BS as well.. there's not $53k there. Nobody is stupid enough to drop that much in a 2-valve GT street car.

UncleAnt

Established Member
i could see if its the price of the car,mods,labor,paint work it could easily add to 50k

25k for the car
10k for the long block
5k for the blower setup
2k for the interior
4k for the tranny swap
2k for the built rearend
2k for the suspension
3k for paint
1200 for wheels and tires
gauges/shifter/rear bumper,a bunch of random shit easily 1k

obviously alot of that is alittle overpriced but with labor it should come out pretty close to that.alot of people cant afford a cobra in the beginning and eventually they just keep modding what they have and you end up with something like that

TClark22

Established Member
wow 53k invested?

i guess its possible...including price of car and he paid labor for all of it...which is a big chunk

so like i got my car for 15k...spent 10k or so so far and have 400rwhp...so 25k "invested"

give me another 15k and it could have 1000rwhp...10k to get 700rwhp probably...lol so i still dont see how he could spend 53k and only have 700rwhp...

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I bought my L for $28,000 and had well over $10,000 in parts. I did all the labor my self, but if you through in tunning and all I probably spent $40,000+
I didn't have a built motor or trans.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
wow what kind of idiot drops "$53k" in a two-valve? I'm calling BS as well.. there's not $53k there. Nobody is stupid enough to drop that much in a 2-valve GT street car.

and what do you mean by that? Im pretty sure some 2vs hand some 4vs their asses to their owner on a plate...

Last edited:

2003cobra0126

Established Member
I remember this guy had posted his car for sale on this board about 9-12 months ago. If my memory serves me correct I think the asking price initially was about $22,000. It is a nice car as I've owned both a GT and a Cobra I would definitely want the Cobra. Less money, less mods, more power for the $. If he's trying to sell it again and asking for more that what he was he needs to be referred to a center that can assist in delusions of grandure.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
hey johnnyscobra, if you look to the right of the video there is a URL box, just copy and paste that and it puts the video in the post. like this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRAVgc2thg]YouTube - 2001 Mustang GT 700HP[/ame]

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
With labor and a 4-5K pain job it definately could cost 53K. Is it worth, NO, but still could see how it would cost that much especially if it wasn't done at once.

S197man

Established Member
and what do you mean by that? Im pretty sure some 2vs hand some 4vs their asses to their owner on a plate...

All I'm saying is that if you're going to invest over $50,000 in a modular mustang, you would be a fool to start with a 2 valve, unless you're trying to prove something.

Yes, 2 valves CAN make awesome power, especially with a twin screw/shot. A lot of 2-valves out-do some four valve cars.

I was just thinking that this guy spent $50,000 on a 2-valve with 600rwhp when he could have just bought a 4v Cobra and TT'd it for all of maybe $40,000 and had WELL over 600rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread