01 Lightning mods uncertainty

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
Hi all I found a lightning that I’m going to go look at hopefully very soon. This will be a daily to give my cobra a break and will help take me too and from college and home. I go to college about 3 and a half or so hours from home so it’ll see highway miles.
My question is it comes with an intake and exhaust and it’s lowered which is fine but it also has a 4lb lower and a valve body. The ad says it has a JLT 4lb lower and JLT performance valve body but I can’t find those online. He says it has a canned tune on a SCT X3. Will this be safe to ride on or will I need a custom tune? Should I just find a stock pulley and valve body and put it back to stop for now?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
He probably means jlp.

If its a dd, and you're worried about the tune, id go back to stock. The valve body is fine. Leave it.

Established Member
He bought it that way so yeah I figured it’s a misprint. Also I did try searching for answers but didn’t see anything concrete unless I missed it then I apologize.
I did think about getting a wideband gauge to help me see how it’s running with the canned tune.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dusten

Established Member
He bought it that way so yeah I figured it’s a misprint. Also I did try searching for answers but didn’t see anything concrete unless I missed it then I apologize.
I did think about getting a wideband gauge to help me see how it’s running with the canned tune.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The afr is likely fine. The issue with canned tunes is how close to exceeding the stock maf you are.

Dusten

Established Member
Stupid question, I can’t really check that can I?

Ya. Its easy. You can either datalog with a laptop and sct livelink using your x4 or just use your x4. You'll wanna log wither maf counts or maf voltage. 5v is max, anything close to that is dangerous. Close being 4.8+ in counts divide the counts by 205 and that'll give you voltage. Badically max counts is 1025

Established Member
Ya. Its easy. You can either datalog with a laptop and sct livelink using your x4 or just use your x4. You'll wanna log wither maf counts or maf voltage. 5v is max, anything close to that is dangerous. Close being 4.8+ in counts divide the counts by 205 and that'll give you voltage. Badically max counts is 1025

Oh okay yeah it comes with an x3 so if the maf looks good you think I’ll be fine? I mean I won’t be racing it or dogging it, just some pulls here and there kinda thing.
He did a bunch of maintenance to it and I’ll be doing my own by doing plugs, trans fluid and filter and an oil change and filter depending on when it was last done.

Dusten

Established Member
Oh okay yeah it comes with an x3 so if the maf looks good you think I’ll be fine? I mean I won’t be racing it or dogging it, just some pulls here and there kinda thing.
He did a bunch of maintenance to it and I’ll be doing my own by doing plugs, trans fluid and filter and an oil change and filter depending on when it was last done.

The x3 is a bit harder to read but it still works.
I daily'd a 4lb lower truck on a canned tune for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread