01 mustand TSB

ken woodward

Hi Guys, Ken here. Been gone awhile. Just thought I'd let you guys know about a new problem that occured on my wifes new 3.8 Mustang. Ever since we first had it, it had a rear-end howl or whine. We finally got it in to the dealer. come to find oput there is a TSB out on the problem. Seems there were some bad driveshafts out there that got installed. they evidently cause the ring & Pinion to go bad right from the start. They are changing out the ring and pinion, drive shaft, and the rear trailing arms. Seems they problem is also associated with bad or weak rubber in the trailing arms. Just thought I'd let you guys know. KEN

HO93LX302

Established Member
:sh:

Hey guys just to let the '01 GT owners know there is also a common noise coming from the GT's.. A clicking noise is heard when starting off in 1st gear and even when shifting into any gear.. You can kind of feel it in the floor under front seat as it happens.. Theres no TSB or SSM on this noise.. Its caused by lose tranny mount bolts.. I work for a Ford dealer and had 4 GT's come in on the same week with the same problem.. Some were so lose that I could unthread the bolt by hand.. Just wanted to let you guys know maybe you had this noise and you couldn't figure it out.. See ya

Users who are viewing this thread