01 s4 vs 03 srt-4 (finally)

joegt38

Established Member
I know it wasn't my stang but I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Yesterday it was naturally cold out here in chi-town but it was for the most part dry. I took the s4 to the gym, so after my long workout me and my friend were coming home and I ended up taking Archer home through china-town. I was talking to him about my stang cause hes buying one next week, as we were talking a yellow bumble bee buzzed by. I was like sh!t its an srt boy I wanna f@ck one of them up so I chased him to the light. He nods I smile and only rev the awd lightly, I here him rev it up the light changed he spun a little ( damn cold weather ). Naturally I hooked and instantly put two cars on him(with a light launch) I got a total of maybe 2 cars and stayed their till about 95 and he backed off I was happy cause from what I hear they pull pretty hard mid range & top end.

I only have a k&n filter on the s4, but that car ain't no slouch. On the G-tech I pull 0-60s on a constant 5.3-4secs.(gotta love AWD)

All in all for under 20g I guess the srt isn't all that bad of a deal, but that goes to show for under 20g your going to only get punk 16 year old kids to buy them. So of course your going to hear that their faster then fighter jets.

281cipwr

Established Member
hah good kill ..ive been trying to get a comparo to the srt-4 ..in my gt ive taken a couple s4's ......i guess id smoke a srt-4 huh ? is your gt quicker than your s4?

281cipwr

Established Member
hah good kill ..ive been trying to get a comparo to the srt-4 ..in my gt ive taken a couple s4's ......i guess id smoke a srt-4 huh ? is your gt quicker than your s4?

joegt38

Established Member
Right know my GT would kill the s4, I have an SQ trim and much more.

A stock GT and s4 would be close IMO. If you launch the s4 a little harder its a bitch off the line. Also its very easy to mod an s4. ECU chip intake and exhaust your pushing well over 315hp on 93octane. But it ain't cheap.

Do you have any mods to your stang when you ran the s4? When I just had some bolt-ons gear in my stang it was faster then the s4. At the time I wish I could have ran an srt cause how much shit the owner talk.

1sweet00SS

Established Member
Nice kill, I love the S4.

Originally posted by 281cipwr

I'm in So Cal also, I'll run ya in the SRT-4 :) . Lightly modded GT vs lightly modded SRT-4. Sounds like fun. California Speedway is open on January 10th. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a friendly race .

Take care,

Mike :)

Last edited:

numbaonestunna

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
I know it wasn't my stang but I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Yesterday it was naturally cold out here in chi-town but it was for the most part dry. I took the s4 to the gym, so after my long workout me and my friend were coming home and I ended up taking Archer home through china-town. I was talking to him about my stang cause hes buying one next week, as we were talking a yellow bumble bee buzzed by. I was like sh!t its an srt boy I wanna f@ck one of them up so I chased him to the light. He nods I smile and only rev the awd lightly, I here him rev it up the light changed he spun a little ( damn cold weather ). Naturally I hooked and instantly put two cars on him(with a light launch) I got a total of maybe 2 cars and stayed their till about 95 and he backed off I was happy cause from what I hear they pull pretty hard mid range & top end.

I only have a k&n filter on the s4, but that car ain't no slouch. On the G-tech I pull 0-60s on a constant 5.3-4secs.(gotta love AWD)

All in all for under 20g I guess the srt isn't all that bad of a deal, but that goes to show for under 20g your going to only get punk 16 year old kids to buy them. So of course your going to hear that their faster then fighter jets.

Well in defense of the punk 16 year old kids... hell yeah, the SRT-4 IS a lot faster than walking. =) Besides, they've never been in a real fast car, so it probaly does seem pretty blazing next to all the Civics they're comparing with. I remember when I was 16, I thought my LS Integra was blazing fast. hahaha.... those were the days....

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
I've only seen one SRT4 on the road. Where are all of them?:shrug:

bubba

Established Member
Originally posted by micool
I've only seen one SRT4 on the road. Where are all of them?:shrug:

check out the regional section of the srtforums.com (towards the bottom of the page). The man to talk to in florida is acr2nv, he is one of the coolest guys on the board and one of the most knowedgable on this car and he doesn't even have one.
there aer also a few of us in cali with a lot being in sacramento and surrounding areas. I am in san jose and just put in a new wastegate so I should hold my sisters 03 cobra until 90 instead of 60-70:rockon: can't wait until sac raceway opens up again. gotta get some low 13's in my car and some 12.5's in the cobra since she got the K&N aircharger and I figured out how to launch it the last couple runs. we should get a track day going...oops wrong forum :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread