01 ss > 2010 rs/ss

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Had a older guy (mid 30's) roll up on me at a stop light yesterday in a black 2010 RS/SS. I was just minding my own business, looking at his car next to me (black with black ghost stripes) and the light turns green...I just start accelerating normally and he felt the need to try to show off and hammer it WOT. This is when I knew this was my chance to play with a LS3 SS (it was a 6 spd)

next stop light, he is in the right lane, me in the left...sadly, I was behind a car...light turns green...I switch lanes and get behind the SS, He hammers it, I hammer it and go by him and by the time I hit 80 or so I had atleast 3 cars and still pulling hard....I slow down, and he wont even look over at me. No grin, no thumbs up, nothing. Guy must have been PISSED that a young kid in a 4th gen SS just obliterated him.

the car wasn't stock...the exhaust was loud as hell so im just going out on a limb and saying it was prolly just a I/E car.....The way things turned out, it seems like a bolt on ls1 f-body would be a drivers race with a bolt on ls3 f-body. I was rather disappointed in it to be honest...

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
Nice!

This is a car that's on my "most wanted list" Played with one a few weeks ago. Just did a quick first gear pull, but started to walk her bad. Can't wait to get a clean, full on, run with one.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Great kill. those cars dont seem to really wake up until a blower is added, or atleast a good H/C setup.. they need to lose some weight.

TVLA147

Established Member
good kill, definitely not surprising lol. BTW, how old are you, you've got a really nice ride man.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
way to punish!

i swatted a black one down a couple months back. guy came up jumping it next to me on the service road. i told him to hit the highway. he agreed and i followed him onto the entrance ramp. from a 50 i had roughly 2-3 on him by 100mph. we pulled over and talked. he popped his hood and showed me his BBK intake and said he had muffler deletes also.

Last edited:

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
i want a 5th gen badly and when i sell my GTO and get a good price ill have one.

while an ls3 is a great motor 5th gens are heavy and will have a tough time with 4th gens and cobras if theyre stock or stockish. they do make good power though.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
i want a 5th gen badly and when i sell my GTO and get a good price ill have one.

while an ls3 is a great motor 5th gens are heavy and will have a tough time with 4th gens and cobras if theyre stock or stockish. they do make good power though.

good power doesnt mean shit when you trying to move a tank!

Everywhere I go, I have people tell me that my 4th gen, is better then a 5th gen SS and never to get rid of it....The 5th gens are nice, but they dont have the aggressive styling my SS has and thats a huge turn off.

07TBSS

Established Member
Nice Kill! From another 4th gen ss owner! My wife wants one of the 5th gens but Im perfectly happy with my LT1. I told her if she wants one to get a job:rockon:

Ralo

Established Member
I got beside one when it was colder out and we both jumped in it without much room. I pulled pretty hard while mine was skating. Got beside him at the next light and he looked terrified lol

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Your car is making similar power to a basic bolt on LS3 but weighs 400-500 lbs. less. Good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread