02 Lightning vs mach 1 on nitrous

baja5bss

Established Member
Well today was the first time i drove my lightning in about 3 weeks.I just got the 2.3 whipple back from being rebuilt for a 2nd time yesterday. Took her out for a drive(and to put some fresh gas in it) and half way to the gas station i see a mach 1 mustang i have never seen before.Thinking nothing of it,i notice my overdrive is on,so like always when im around town,i take over drive off. The mach comes up to my drivers side bed panel and i hear nitrous purge,look in the side mirror and see nitrous shooting up in the air.

This is happening at a light,im in the right lane,mustang in the left.Nobody is in front of me,and 1 car is in front of the mustang.I slowly start rolling as the light turns green.The car in front of the mustang gets about 800ft ahead and as soon as the mustang pulls next to my door he hits it.By the time i hit full throttle the mustang is a car length in front of me.White smoke is pouring out of my wheel wells and i slowly loose about another car length as i destroy my tires.The vehicles behind us become lost in the white smoke.

The back of the truck was swaying left to right,searching for traction. I let out of the throttle and get back into it aggressively(trying not to break the tires loose again) and i immediately stop the mustangs pull and start coming up on him fast. He tries to switch into my lane but sees me coming up quick,so he pulls back into his lane.I look down at the speed and im doing over double of the posted speed(speed limit on this road was 35),so not taking any more of a risk i stop the run. Wanted to give the guy credit and a thumbs up,but he acted like a douche and kept doing 45+ in a 35 zone.(also,a police station was about 1/2mile away on the same road,so this wasnt the smartest thing i have done i will admit,cops are thick where this took place).

Needless to say,i lost this one,but i hope i see him at the track when im running atleast 90% potential,the outcome will hurt his feelings. Lesson learned,spinning aint winning :rolling: and for some reason,either he had alot of suspension work done,or his shit wasnt fast enough to break the tires loose,he only spun tires for about 30ft before hooking.

baja5bss

Established Member
yea the only time i run from a dig is on the track.On the street(on street tires) its dam near impossible to go fast,and keep from spinning at the same time. Usually vehicles will get a pretty good jump on me. 95% of my races are from 60+. So alot of it to blame is inexperience on a slow street start.If it was on a track,or even a higher roll it would of been a total different outcome. But you gotta take whatever is given to you lol.

Users who are viewing this thread