02 Navigator Swap for a 03 L motor.??

WhiteSVT

Established Member
i was thinking about getting a built engine, but my dad has a 02 Blackwood, and is selling it, so he told me that if i wanted to, that i could swap his DOHC 5.4L for my SOHC 5.4L S/C. it would be a good base line to start with. but i just dont know if the two blocks are the same, and if all the brackets will bolt in to place, i know that the computer wouldnt. but anyways, give me your input on this matter. WOULD IT WORK, AND HOW WOULD IT BE??

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
the lower intake manifold isnt the same... so the eaton would not work anymore...

it will fit but it will no longer be eaton powered...

you can always drop it in witht he KB 5.4L 32V blower...

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
As long as he's letting you take stuff, take the center console out of that thing and put it in your L.

ecoastkid

Established Member
Your dad is letting you pull apart a perfectly good blackwood???

The heads are huge on those engines and nothing from the top of your motor will fit...(intake manifolds, intercooler, supercharger...

I dont even know if the exhaust will bolt up and I seriously doubt the front accessories would fit...

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
There is no way in hell I'd swap out TWO engines just to get a set of 4V heads. A built 2V with a twin screw is plenty for street duty and all but all out race needs.

FORD4U

Established Member
Your dad is letting you pull apart a perfectly good blackwood???

The heads are huge on those engines and nothing from the top of your motor will fit...(intake manifolds, intercooler, supercharger...

I dont even know if the exhaust will bolt up and I seriously doubt the front accessories would fit...

yes the heads are huge but the outer deminsons are almost the same, the intake is just not as wide, the exhaust should bolt up and and im not sure on the front accessories, i was just looking up the same swap for my L.

Users who are viewing this thread