02 sensor acting up = MILs?

Sith

Banned
SVT Lurch said:
Basically. Unless you get the computer scanned and find out exactly the code that tripped the light.

Well here's the backstory. I was throwing around 8 codes about 2-3 months ago and it was determined the source of my problems were my IRMC's were jacked open. So after fixing that, my mechanic said all the codes were gone and he warned me that because the IRMCs had been open for so long (bought the car from my brother) the 02 sensors may have been fried in the process, and if the light came back on it was going to be because of the 02 sensors. Well, the light's on but it goes on and off periodically, so i'm 99.99% sure it's cause of 1 of the rear 02 sensors.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
My CEL is always on, I had the codes run and it says that my left bank is running lean, something like. The other is this pesky Purge Valve Solenoid that I can't find anywhere on the firewall.... Is it behind the wheel?! What the fu?

I get about 22 to 24 on the highway with my 4.10's..... Great gas mileage I would have to say for high horsepower car. My car doesn't seem to be in "limp" mode.... Definitely roasts the tires all the way to third gear.... I ran a 13.6 spinning all three gears into fourth with my check engine light on....

Can someone verify that this "limp" mode deal is true?
Another thing, where the hell is this Purge Valve Solenoid and Sensor....
the purge valve, is on the upper passenger side of the engine bay. trust me it is there just put a new one in yesterday. it has two small black hosed that connect to it with a sensor pluging into the bottom of it. get you a flash light and find it. it will be in a black sleeve.

Sith

Banned
STAMPEDE3 said:
Pull the codes to be sure. Don't waste $$$ changing parts you don't need.

That's the thign though. I was thinking because I'm going to need the MILs anyway (for the o/r pipe) in the future, would it be worth a shot to put them in now if they'll shut the CEL off..?

Users who are viewing this thread