02 SVT Focus Start up/Tune issue

Ketch

I purchased an 2002 Focus SVT w/100,000 miles on it about 11 months ago. The car has been great to me and runs like a champ for the most part. My only concern is:
When I start the car, (it doesn't matter if it has been parked for 2 days or if I stop to get a soda after driving it for 70 miles, which is my commute) it always idles up to about 1500 rpm then sounds and feels like it's way out of tune (lumpy like it has a full race cam) then gradually idles back down to where it should be, and it runs great after that. I've never had a car that, after it was up to operating temperature that would do this. I was told by the previous owner that the ECU took a dump on him and he had to have it re-programmed at a dealership so he could drive it again. My question is (I'm not one who has played with tuners before), could this be a tuning issue or is this normal for the 02 SVT or maybe something else, or should I even worry about it?
I bought the car with an OBX header on it and a CAT back system already installed.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread