'02 Z06 vs '10 SS

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I went out for a cruise last night with a friend around mid night. We were going to grab something to eat. It was a perfect night out. No clouds, mid 70's, and not humid. We finished up our food and went back out to my car.

Parked right across from me was a black 2010 SS with white stripes. I hopped in my car to leave, and as soon as I pull out of the parking lot, the SS begins to follow.

I'm heading back to my buddies house and get on the expressway. Sure enough, the SS is following me. I'm in the right lane and he's in the left. No traffic out and miles of straight roads. He was modded. I believe he had a full exhaust since the thing was obnoxious.

The first run, we do a 60 roll. He honks it off, and we both get an even start. I'm in second and start pulling on him. Not hard, but a steady pull. From 60-130 I was 1.5-2 cars up by the time I let off.

Second run... We both slow down and he yells for a 30 roll. I drop it down into first and he beeps it off again. We both spun, but I was able to catch traction first and pulled 3-4 cars by 125.

I've never seen the car before and I dont know exactly what he had for mods. I know he had at least headers/exhaust since the thing was loud. I would prob. assume a CAI too.

I was fairly happy with the results... I'm not going to say anything mean and or funny like my normal stories here...

AAahhhh.... Who am I kidding? I was suprised at how well the dump truck stayed with me. You know? For being almost 2 tons and as aerodynamic as a school bus, he should have just stayed at the trailer park, polished off his 30 pack of bud light, and finished watching vintage nascar races.

:lol1:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
good kill man!

sounds like the SS did better from a 60 roll rather than a 30 roll. an BTW nice upgrade of a car! an elctron blue 02 Z06 was the car i was about to get before the evo but i needed four doors for my new son. : (

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
good kill man!

sounds like the SS did better from a 60 roll rather than a 30 roll. an BTW nice upgrade of a car! an elctron blue 02 Z06 was the car i was about to get before the evo but i needed four doors for my new son. : (

Thanks man. Its still stock, but not for long... I bought everything in my sig and its going in July 5th. Cant wait! :rockon:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
There is a large mullet following for Camaros.

Glad to see you broke the Vette mold by not being gray haired and thinking you bought a European super car.

Nothing amazing about push rods and fiberglass!

Nice kill BTW

346CamaroSS

Established Member
There is a large mullet following for Camaros.

Glad to see you broke the Vette mold by not being gray haired and thinking you bought a European super car.

Nothing amazing about push rods and fiberglass!

Nice kill BTW

Holy shit.....

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
AAahhhh.... Who am I kidding? I was suprised at how well the dump truck stayed with me. You know? For being almost 2 tons and as aerodynamic as a school bus, he should have just stayed at the trailer park, polished off his 30 pack of bud light, and finished watching vintage nascar races.

What's wrong with a 30-pack of Bud Light?:beer:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Good kill, and props to the Camaro for keeping up. My only experiences with them so far have shown that they don't have the best top end.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

:lol:

Nice kill. Get those mods in and put bus lengths on him next time!

Good kill, and props to the Camaro for keeping up. My only experiences with them so far have shown that they don't have the best top end.

My experience has been exactly the opposite.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I would be more inclined to say this... all of it's faults (aka weight, IRS) hurt it most from a dig. To say it's weak from a roll... compared to what?

Don't forget gearing. 4.10's really wake them up at the strip. Too bad they're so damn expensive. They pull very hard from a roll though. When I was stock I beat cars on the highway that were much faster than me at the track.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Don't forget gearing. 4.10's really wake them up at the strip. Too bad they're so damn expensive. They pull very hard from a roll though. When I was stock I beat cars on the highway that were much faster than me at the track.

I know he was making more power than I was with that bolton LS3... And I think that's why he did better on the 60 roll.

Users who are viewing this thread