03-04 cobra triple gauge pod install

ttype69

Established Member
I finaly had the time to redo my gauges in my car so i took a video log.
I switched from 2 guages by the cluster and one on the steering wheel cover to a triple gauge pod. please check out the vids if you plan on doing this to you car.

the triple pillar holder I used is by glowshift purchased from ebay for 32 dollars shipped, fitment is so so.

If you can please subscribe to me on youtube and follow me as I mod and change my cobra.

thanks shawn

intro
firstgauge - YouTube

vid1
1gauge - YouTube

vid2
2gauge - YouTube

vid3
3guage - YouTube

vid4
4gauge - YouTube

vid5
5gauge - YouTube

Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Good job.

You should of used these insulated male and female spade connectors up in the pod area and in your loom under the dash. These are insulated so you don't have to tape them up.

85561-003.jpg

ttype69

Established Member
yes solder and shrink wrap is a good way to go. But not every one has the skills or tools to do that, I could have solder and shrink wraped it but i wanted to make sure i can remove fix and install other gauges without having to hack the harness up. the only 2 wires that I would go back and deff solder are the main powers coming from the wire harness and fuse box. remeber these gauges were installed buy some one else to begin with and there was a spegetti mess that i was fixing, so thats what the point of the vid.

Side note solder and shrink wrap is the best repair for out side vehicle repairs to prevent corrosion. There is a slim chance that any corrosion would ever accure inside the car.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Good install! Excellent videos! I also think it's a good idea to piggyback as much wiring for the gauges as possible... for things like the power, ground, switched 12V, and dash illumination. (All four of those are accessible from the radio harness)

I also agree that it's a good idea to solder and tape/shrink wrap the connections because it looks so much cleaner than butt connectors or T-taps. But you don't want to solder everything to the point where it's permanent or a huge pain to switch out gauges. Since all of the gauges you have in the first video use female spade connectors for the ground, 12V, and signal, it's easy to swap a gauge out for a new one using male spade connectors to plug into the existing connections.

I had an oil pressure gauge that I replaced with an AEM wideband gauge and I had all the connections I needed, with the exception of the 02 sensor harness. I just used male spade connectors to tap into the existing wiring that was already there from the oil pressure gauge.

Before I forget, you can actually embed youtube videos in the forum. Take everything after the "=" in the youtube link and put it between this:
[ youtube_browser ] [ /youtube_browser ] (Don't use the spaces between the brackets)

So, for this video which has the link "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvyqxUllDF8", you would put CvyqxUllDF8 between those brackets.

Oh, and one last thing: You said you wanted to get a wideband gauge. Check out the AEM Wideband Failsafe gauge. It's one of the nicest wideband gauges I could find. I'll let you check out all the features it has.

Here's someone else's video overview of the gauge that shows the features:
[youtube_browser]ulevNnFO17o[/youtube_browser]

Here's a video I made of the gauge installed in my car:
[youtube_browser]dPz1iGAEDn8[/youtube_browser]

Nice work!

Last edited:

ttype69

Established Member
thanks for the advise on embeding the vids i will have to work on that ive been trying to figure it out but havent got it to work. also if you have a youtube account i will subscribe to you if you would like. now that xmas and new years are over i can get back to working on my car and makeing more vids.

Users who are viewing this thread