03-04 Cobra VERT roll bars or cages - pics anyone?

yelostang

Established Member
I want to know if anyone makes a roll bar that looks like a sport bar. Or if you could even make one?

Rayzcar

Established Member
Here are a few pics. Last one is before I removed the coating on the Chromoly. I had the cage made to tuck right behind the lightbar. Don't have too many good pics yet. Hope this helps.

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage1.jpg

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Damn, I've been wanting to do that. I love the way the light bar looks compared to just a regular roll cage. You have any pictures from the side with the windows down?

I just realized you are in Maryland. Who did you roll cage?

Rayzcar

Established Member
RedfireVenom said:
Damn, I've been wanting to do that. I love the way the light bar looks compared to just a regular roll cage. You have any pictures from the side with the windows down?

I just realized you are in Maryland. Who did you roll cage?

Here are all I have in the way of side shots, This is in very unfinished form. The work was done by Henry Fryfogle of HFR Fabrications in Manchester, MD. 410-239-1039; Very nice guy, and did a great job! He was a little backed up, but it was worth the wait.

cage4.jpg

cage5.jpg

Zman04

Established Member
Very nice is that considered 8 pt. If you dont mind me asking how much was it? Let me know asap just curious.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
SVT316x said:
damn whats the purpose of doing all that? it must be hard to get in that car

Running anything under a 13.99 in a vert at the track will sometimes get you thrown out if you you don't have a roll cage. Also, the purpose of a roll cage is to protect you if it rolls. That's why it's called a roll cage ;)

The roll cage also can stiffen the frame so that you have less power loss from flex.

Rayzcar

Established Member
Zman04 said:
Very nice is that considered 8 pt. If you dont mind me asking how much was it? Let me know asap just curious.

Yes, it's an 8pt. cage. I paid ~ $1,200, and I did the interior removal and re-installation.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
does a roll bar flex at all when youre going into corners hard and such. I want to get a 4 point roll bar but then have it covered in foam, shape it to look like a light bar. run the wiring down with a 18 inch red led then have the entire think wrapped in black vinal and make it look like just a light bar but have the functionality of a roll bar.

bfoley

Established Member
EngCon said:
You don't have a cage in that pig yet? When you coming back down to Houston?

Jay

Hey Jay!

What do you know about pigs.. :p I was just wanting to see who else has a caged vert. My car is coming together well I think.. Here are some pics.

121-2134_IMG.JPG

121-2137_IMG.JPG

121-2138_IMG.JPG

121-2140_IMG.JPG

121-2141_IMG.JPG

121-2143_IMG.JPG

121-2147_IMG.JPG

121-2155_IMG.JPG

I was happy over all, however this isn't a cheap mod.... :burnout:

Last edited:

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
you shoulda bought a coupe with all that tubing, it ruins the verts looks
IMO, not flamming. The work looks great though.

bfoley

Established Member
I wanted a vert when I went to buy one.. and If I had to do it all over again,, i would buy a vert. I like taking the top down when I cruise.. Thanks for the comments.

ModsAway

Established Member
That first cage looks great, very good job of tucking it away under the lightbar. With the rear crossover bar being lower than they generally are does it still meet all NHRA,etc requirements? SVTOA just screwed me this year but I've still got a few open track sessions booked with less restrictive organizations.

Users who are viewing this thread