03/04 Cobra vs Coyote swap Cobra

F8L BYT

Established Member
Had a good run with a friend of mine recently, run was from ~45.

Terminator
2.8 pulley
Bolt ons / supporting mods
(Not sure what bolt ons)

98 Cobra
Coyote swap (GT engine)
LT, 3" o/r-X, Pypes m-80 Dumped
JLT
93 oct Tune
lame 3.73 gears

[youtube_browser]NWcyJdTombs[/youtube_browser]

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Wow! You really cooked him bad. SN95 body is light to begin with so I could imagine with a more powerful powertrain.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Thank guys! I'm pretty happy with how it performs for now! His car could really benefit with getting retuned for sure but he is putting a TVS on it this winter so I'll definitely be seeing the tail lights then haha

What did your car dyno when you got her tuned?

I haven't had it on the dyno, it was street tuned with HP Tuners. Going back to him this week though to get the e85 tune.

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Thank guys! I'm pretty happy with how it performs for now! His car could really benefit with getting retuned for sure but he is putting a TVS on it this winter so I'll definitely be seeing the tail lights then haha

I haven't had it on the dyno, it was street tuned with HP Tuners. Going back to him this week though to get the e85 tune.

She should run excellent on e85

stangfreak

Established Member

your car is awesome op! Love it. yOu beat him by a lot lol. If he puts a tvs im not sure if he will beat you that much. Your car runs strong. My 2.8 pulley cobra long time ago went 11.4x at 125mph. so your car runs very hard

matt87

Established Member
so if you put a 440ish rwhp bolt on coyote engine in an sn 95 car you magically have a 125+ trap speed car??? hmmm

alaskablkmach

Established Member
so if you put a 440ish rwhp bolt on coyote engine in an sn 95 car you magically have a 125+ trap speed car??? hmmm

What do you mean hmmmm? Who said anything about 125mph trap that was envilved in the race? Did i moss something? The dude who said that lives in new york.

stangfreak

Established Member

lol

man I miss my simple bolt on cobra. so much fun to drive and easier to drive and handle. 2.80 upper, stock pulley cover back on, no idler, steeda cold air, stinger catback steeda triax and tune. 11.40's all day. stock suspension even had the spare tire in the back. 125 was on a really cold ny day. that setup is good for 123mph trap speed. Heck venomous03cobra trapped 127mph with a 2.80 upper 2lb lower with a apten ported eaton tipping the scale close to 3900lbs on stock suspension with his power tools and spare tire in the back and the clutch was slipping hahaha.

broke7 who still posts on here went 11.25 with a non ported eaton and a 2.80 upper with bolt on's. simple setups rock!

Last edited:

F8L BYT

Established Member
your car is awesome op! Love it. yOu beat him by a lot lol. If he puts a tvs im not sure if he will beat you that much. Your car runs strong. My 2.8 pulley cobra long time ago went 11.4x at 125mph. so your car runs very hard

Thanks man! Yeah honestly I was surprised, but like I said I think he could definitely use a better tune for it. I plan on running a few others sometime to get a better reading of where it stands, but I was still happy with the outcome.

I mean yeah kinda if there is some weight taken out of it. Coyote stock cars weigh 3000lbs and are trapping 130. I'm not saying mine would trap anywhere close to that, but it's not slow by any means lol. I'll find out a good time for it NMRA finals in Bowling Green when I have the slicks on the car.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Cobro's are angry. Matt, lets get some runs in at Bowling Green on the street this year. I'd like to see how we'd fair.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Sounds sick and looks sick lol anymore pictures? Thats my all time favorite color combo on SN95s

Users who are viewing this thread