03-04 Differential Girdle Cover

TVSCobra

Established Member
Talked to someone at Atomic performance, they are supposed to be releasing a girdle for
the 03-04 cobras shortly. I'll post when and if he calls back.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Apparently there isn't anyone who makes a girdle for the irs differentials? I wonder why?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
Because the rear cover is the rear mount for the housing, so its doing something else already.

If you don't mind paying >$1k, I'm sure billet flow can make you one out of billet.

Some company [i forget hte name] tried casting them but they must have used a chinese foundry because they didnt fit for shiat.

add a billet flow diff housing brace and be done with it.

DocB

Established Member
This is what I added to my built rear and makes it the "Black Pill".

IRS009.jpg

This is what needs to be done to make the bracket fit.

IRS016.jpg

IRS013.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I thought I remembered someone making one back in the day but it was quite spendy. The problem is that you'd have to be able to make something that was able to compete price wise with the regular dif braces. That's awfully hard to do when your talking about machining billet because of the price of the material.
There's just not enough market for the amount it would have to cost and the work it would take to complete the R&D in my opinion. If Fore does come out with one and its not too crazily priced, I'd get it. Everything I've ever gotten from them has been absolutely top notch.

Doc.B where did that one come from, one off peace I'd assume??

Last edited:

DocB

Established Member
Got it from one of the vendors, not sure which one(I bought so much stuff around that time), but they all stopped carrying them because of too many complaints that they need to be modified. It's not a true bolt on, and was never intended to be from the manufacturer. It is part of a custom aftermarket IRS. Just so happens it is the exact same specs as our cover except for the bracket on our cars. A little milling, and voila!
Have patience, as I hear a nice aftermarket cover will soon be available specifically for the 03/04 Cobra.

TVSCobra

Established Member
This is what I added to my built rear and makes it the "Black Pill".

IRS009.jpg

This is what needs to be done to make the bracket fit.

IRS016.jpg

IRS013.jpg

That looks great, if its that easy to modify it ( I have someone with the required tools and milling equipment) then Control Freak should do those in house and sell them. Did you just keep removing material until the rear diff mount fit?
Thanks

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
That's great news! It'll go good on my mod list right under my Fore Precision fuel hat, Hood vents and soon to be fuel rails:rockon::lol1:.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Pricing will be in the $450 range.

Billet, of course!

ETA is four weeks.
Did you guys design these to work with other current IRS supporting mod, such as a Billetflow IRS brace?

I understand if your cover is strong enough there won't be a need for additional IRS support, but it'd be nice if those of us (a lot of us) with an IRS brace could still use it should we chose to use your cover.

20psirabbit

Established Member
0058-100.jpg

here's the pic of the SRA cover, looks sexy :banana: how much stronger should this be than factory? and will we still need a diff brace with this cover? i'm interested in anything that makes that rear end stronger :rockon:

Last edited:

DocB

Established Member
You are NOT going to need the brace with the FORE (IRS) cover.
That will be the beauty of a milled billet cover.
The inherent strength of the cover will keep it from blowing apart.
And if it looks like their other products, it will probably be too nice to put under the car!

Users who are viewing this thread