03-04 whipple on 98 4.6 cobra?

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
does anyone know where i can find an adapter plate to make a 2003,2004 Whipple supercharger fit on my 98 cobra 4.6 dohc?

i heard that this is possible to do i just cant find an adapter plate for those whipple to a 4.6 motor. i have found adapter plate to put the gt500 supercharger on a 4.6 motor.

i know that my alternator has to be moved down for this to work and thats all i know.

so if anyone knows a company that makes a kit to make this possable on my 98 cobra please help me out
thanks

Ironhand

Banned
The only thing I would say would be replace the B heads you have and use the entire front drive off an 03-04 and the heads with the lower.

Something that is possible is to use just the 03-04 lower and change the port to match your B heads and it should bolt on as long as the bolt pattern from the lower to heads is the same on both cars. But using an 03-04 whipple will require the secondary drive due to the fact that the snout will reach further then your existing belt drive on you 98.

One thing you might be able to do is to simply flip your alt. around then with the whipple in place figure out how much shorter the snout needs to be and order a new one from whipple. Then you could change your pulleys to an 8 rib configuration and keep it all on the same belt drive.

Just a few thoughts.

Last edited:

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
The only thing I would say would be replace the B heads you have and use the entire front drive off an 03-04 and the heads with the lower.

Something that is possible is to use just the 03-04 lower and change the port to match your B heads and it should bolt on as long as the bolt pattern from the lower to heads is the same on both cars. But using an 03-04 whipple will require the secondary drive due to the fact that the snout will reach further then your existing belt drive on you 98.

One thing you might be able to do is to simply flip your alt. around then with the whipple in place figure out how much shorter the snout needs to be and order a new one from whipple. Then you could change your pulleys to an 8 rib configuration and keep it all on the same belt drive.

Just a few thoughts.

thats true but the adapter plate is to keep my heads on my engine and then put the adapter plate in so the whipple will bolt up but then ill have issues with the alternator unless the whipple sticks up high enough where it will clear the alt with the plate in there than run a seperate belt off the crank to the supercharger

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Your going to have to swap to C heads and do the entire eaton swap minus the eaton. The intake valley dimensions with the 96-98 B heads is different than the 99+C heads, its much smaller. Thats why the intercooler wont bolt up to the B heads. You could fab up an intercooler to work in the intake valley of the B heads and have the same bolt patern etc to accept the Whipple blower but that is a lot more $$$ than its worth, especially since the intercooler will be smaller and less effective than the 03-04 intercooler.

My best advice, if you want the 03-04 Cobra blowers buy a damn 03-04 Cobra. The amount of headache in trying to source the parts for the eaton swap, plus the cost is not worth the time or money. And to make it worse after you have spent all the time and money on the swap you still have a shortblock only capable of handling 450rwhp.

Now finding a used 03-04 Cobra engine and swapping that in place of your 98 Cobra engine is not a bad direction. Then you can easily swap to a Whipple and have a short block ready to make 600rwhp reliably. Just my .02.

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
Your going to have to swap to C heads and do the entire eaton swap minus the eaton. The intake valley dimensions with the 96-98 B heads is different than the 99+C heads, its much smaller. Thats why the intercooler wont bolt up to the B heads. You could fab up an intercooler to work in the intake valley of the B heads and have the same bolt patern etc to accept the Whipple blower but that is a lot more $$$ than its worth, especially since the intercooler will be smaller and less effective than the 03-04 intercooler.

My best advice, if you want the 03-04 Cobra blowers buy a damn 03-04 Cobra. The amount of headache in trying to source the parts for the eaton swap, plus the cost is not worth the time or money. And to make it worse after you have spent all the time and money on the swap you still have a shortblock only capable of handling 450rwhp.

Now finding a used 03-04 Cobra engine and swapping that in place of your 98 Cobra engine is not a bad direction. Then you can easily swap to a Whipple and have a short block ready to make 600rwhp reliably. Just my .02.

i would buy a damn 03-04 cobra except thay are about 15,000 more than what i paid for my 98 cobra convert so instead of going whipple ill just buy a new intercooler kenne bell kit and throw on there and make around 500hp

Users who are viewing this thread