03 2.6 KB Cobra vs. C5?

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Hey guys,
I am just more or less needing some info on this car! I was driving south on 575 last night and a Black C5 vette came up to me and started revving as loud as he could. He kept wanting to race, but we couldn't because traffic was so bad. He was quite a douche bag. He just kept yellin at me telling me I don't want any and I don't have anything for him! What are your guys opinions on the race that might have been? Sorry for the bench racing guys!

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Hey guys,
I am just more or less needing some info on this car! I was driving south on 575 last night and a Black C5 vette came up to me and started revving as loud as he could. He kept wanting to race, but we couldn't because traffic was so bad. He was quite a douche bag. He just kept yellin at me telling me I don't want any and I don't have anything for him! What are your guys opinions on the race that might have been? Sorry for the bench racing guys!

You will never know the answer to your question unless you know the mods on the C5.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well you are probably putting down >550 to the wheels. A stock C5 will put down 320ish. Unless he has some serious work done to that car you will put the hurt on him.

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
He'd have to have some serious mods to keep up with you. I put down around 600rwhp and my dad has a c5 vette with a catback exhaust, everything else stock. He is no where close to even thinking about keeping up with me.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
ahhhhh....I think you will prolly edge him out by a Fender fog light...J>K Hell yeah dude , youd work him...BAD!
Hard to say though he could have been a stroked 402 with a blower making 700 rwhp, so its hard to say...Either way guy was funny trying to get you all riled up....Prolly felt like a Idiot after..hahahahahahahaah

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Unless he had some serious work to back up the loud exhaust you would rape him bad. LSXs can be really loud with just bolt-ons, but they can also be fairly docile and tear you a new one, (I know guys who run big cubed h/c/i + nitrous setups but keep their stock catbacks on, so it can be very deceiving).

Last edited:

MiamiSnake

Established Member
I doubt he was modded that much.. I am sure he had probably an exhaust and intake + 100 shot which is why he was so cocky but you still would have beat him.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I pulled on a C6 ZO6 from a 50ish to a 120ish run.. He was starting to come back though as we got faster...

I think you knew the answer to this before you posted.. It sounds like you have a badass car, truth is there isn't going to be very many "stockish" cars out there that are going to run with a KB cobra

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
thanks for the input guys! I think it just really got under my skin to tell yall the truth!

Users who are viewing this thread