03 90k Mach at Dealership?

hob

Established Member
Been searching for a clean stock GT in a few particular colors in my area for a short while, well this 2003 Mach 1 came up that matches what I've been looking for but I'm not sure about the price....

The condition of the car is great. Interior / engine bay is very clean. Exterior has small front bumper imperfections from 90k miles but nothing I couldn't touch up in 20 minutes. It's bone stock. Spotless vehicle history ( to Carfax and my knowledge of course ).

The small dealer has it listed for 12k and I brought 10.5k cash to see if I can drive away with it. Not only did the owner not take my cash offer, I have a feeling he won't go lower out the door then his listing price at 12k. 90k Mach for 12k? Is this something I should consider?

Last edited:

bRussell918

Established Member
thats not a bad price...if its really clean and it is bone stock so its more than likely not been drove hard. If you like it, your not being ripped off for 12k. I just bought one with 63k miles for 13,600 it was also bone stock and VERY VERY clean and well maintained. what cloror is it?

neatofrito1618

Established Member
No. I had a clean, accident-free '03 with 80k miles I just sold and it took me nearly 2 months to get 10.5k for it. I would absolutely not pay 12k. Here are pictures of what it looked like when I sold it a couple months ago:

345k01d.jpg

346u98x.jpg

2d0cb37.jpg

2lbmezb.jpg

2r6l9g7.jpg

t7lgxy.jpg

MachJoe

Established Member
After TTL, 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and 5 year warranty on wheels and tires, I paid 14k with 48,000 miles (an old lady drove it lol). I'd probably walk away from it. Unless you absolutely have to have it.

hob

Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys. It's a grey Mach 1.

Like I said I wasn't originally looking for a Mach even though I found the shaker hood to be cooler then I expected, it's not a car that I have to have for 12k.

I'll continue looking but more likely I'm guessing I'll end up in a clean stock GT for 6k - 8k then find another clean stock Mach around here which is fine with me.

And neatofrito that's a nice looking Mach!

Last edited:

Palmer

Established Member
I'm surprised they didn't take the $10.5k that's not a bad offer at all. I wouldn't pay $12k for it. You can find them with lower miles for that or less as previously stated. Good luck!

MachJoe

Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys. It's a grey Mach 1.

Like I said I wasn't originally looking for a Mach even though I found the shaker hood to be cooler then I expected, it's not a car that I have to have for 12k.

I'll continue looking but more likely I'm guessing I'll end up in a clean stock GT for 6k - 8k then find another clean stock Mach around here which is fine with me.

And neatofrito that's a nice looking Mach!

You located around Houston? If so, the dealership I work at took in an 04 (I think) GT with 90k miles, bone stock and they're asking 9k for it. I could always find out how much they own it for.

Palmer

Established Member
There's a DSG 03 Mach 1 for sale on mach1registry in Houston that has 47k miles on it and that guy is asking $12k for it.

hob

Established Member
Wow so my original offer sounds pretty fair. I'm located in Phoenix Arizona.

Last edited:

4v_mach1

Established Member
Just keep searching. I bought my mach 1 with 71k miles on it for $7000. Took advantage of a families house going to foreclosure & they needed the cash asap.

Users who are viewing this thread