03' Blk Cobra, 490HP, 10k in upgrades, $21,000, in GA

1luckysob

Established Member
Ok, this sucks, but I have no choice. I am selling my baby, my dream car, and the only car that has ever really made me happy. I am starting a new career and I have to have a full size truck, the only problem is that I cant afford both payments, so the Cobra must go.

I bought the car from the dealership where I work about 5 or 6 months ago. It was traded in there by one our members here on SVT, maybe you know him, Acrod.

It currently has 61k on the odometer, it's been my daily driver and also a DD for the previous owner. The vehicle is super clean for a 4 year old car and super clean for a 61k mile car. It runs strong and pulls hard. You would never know it had that kind of miles until you looked at the odometer. Before I bought it I had my neighbor check it out for me. Oh, by the way he happens to be a SVT certified tech at one the local Ford dealerships. He gave it his stamp of approval.

I was having a hard time convincing my wife that I NEEDED this car. He told me to talk her into it at all costs, and if I couldn't let him know cause he was gonna buy the car. The car is super nice, and extra clean for a Cobra of any year or mileage. Eventhough I have only owned it for a few months you can tell it has been well taken care of it's whole life. It's a non smoker car. The paint is in superb condition. There are only a couple of small chips on the hood. I had my neighbor run the Ford warranty thing on the car and apparently Ford repainted all the horizontal panels under warranty due to the orignal owner complaining about it. So the paint is not your typical Ford craptacular paint job.

I bought the car with all the mods on it already. The only things I have added are the clear headlights, (stock ones included), red and chrome bumper inserts, and tint on the windows. This car was very tastefully modded prior to me picking it up so I didn't need to do much. I am located in Augusta, GA and to my knowledge this car has been a southern car it's whole life. I am currently working as a service advisor at a dealership. I would be happy to put the car up on a lift for inspection if anyone is serious about buying it. I have not had the car dynoed but according to the previous owner it was tuned at MPH to 492/467 to the rear wheels. My butt dyno would have to confirm these #'s.

Mod list:

Performance--
Steigy stage 3 port on blower and elbow
RR 2.80 upper
BF 4 piece idler set
JLT 4" color matched CAI
Fluidyne radiator
LFP H/E
Mac O/R Prochamber
Mangaflow catback
SCT piggyback chip
Fiore clutch cable adj. and quad

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes--
Brembo slotted rotors F/R
H&R springs, Bilstien shocks
Hypercoated FR 500 replicas 18x9, 18x10.5
BFG KDW's 275 front w/70% remaining, 295 rear w/45% remaining
FLSFC welded on
BF diff brace
MM caster/camber plates
Bullet lug nuts

Interior--
Dual gauge cluster trim
Autometer boost and fuel pressure, also have volt meter not hooked up
10th Anniversary mats
MGW blue handle STS
various dress up items here and there

Exterior--
Fiberglass Cobra R replica hood
Shorty antenna
Red and chrome bumper inserts, very sharp and unique
Cobra in the grill of course
Ford emblem on decklid color matched black, subtle but nice
20% tint on all windows except windshield
Also has viper alarm and various dress up items under the hood.

I cant think of much else to say, except I may be forgetting a few items here and there, I will edit if anything comes to me. Oh yeah did I mention it has 492 horses and 467 foot lbs. The car is a blast to drive and gets all the attention. It so solid and strong. I would put it up against any other Cobra with half the miles and I bet mine would look better and run better in most cases. That's no joke. If you know anything about cars and have been around any number of Cobra's I think you would agree.

I am asking $21,000, and I am open to REASONABLE offers. I know I am gonna take a hit cause of the miles, so I have priced the car accordingly. Some one is gonna get a hell of a deal. Anyways I know yall are thinking where are the pics....

100_3076.jpg

100_3066.jpg

100_3067.jpg

100_3087.jpg

100_3085.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Post up or send me a PM if anyone is interested or needs more info.
I have got to get a truck soon, so I am motivated to sell!!!!
BTW, If you made it this far you just won the contest for reading the longest FS post ever, lol

Last edited:

1luckysob

Established Member
I think. Dont know for sure. The current clutch is not slipping. It pedal has a stock feel and I dont notice any excessive chatter.

1luckysob

Established Member
Sorry guys, my IT admin at work recently blocked all our internet access. So I cant check the forum until 6:30 est. I am at home now and will be replying to all PM's and making phone calls.

my email is [email protected]

1luckysob

Established Member
Alright yall. Mac evo was the first to make an offer, so I called him first. He has a pending deposit. I will keep everyone posted, and if it falls through for some reason I will let yall know. He is supposed to come look at this weekend so I will know for sure then. Thanks for the interest everyone

I dont have the stock hood and I will have to take some good pics of the interior.

Sharkster

Established Member
Dude I dont know what it is about your car but it looks awesome and makes it stick out there. I love the red lettering.
I was waiting until spring to buy another termie but I would jump all over this in a heartbeat if you didnt have a bunch of guys in line for it.
Good luck

mac_05evo

Established Member
Alright yall. Mac evo was the first to make an offer, so I called him first. He has a pending deposit. I will keep everyone posted, and if it falls through for some reason I will let yall know. He is supposed to come look at this weekend so I will know for sure then. Thanks for the interest everyone

I dont have the stock hood and I will have to take some good pics of the interior.

Yup, unless something is just extremely to my disliking this weekend it's going to be mine come Sunday :) Sorry guys but this one is mine..

rubber duck

Established Member
Bad ass car, I would've jumped all over it if I hadn't sworn on my own life to not buy another black car. Should be gone quick, good luck.

1luckysob

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I think Mac is pretty serious about it, if he doesn't buy it, I'll let yall know.

Users who are viewing this thread