03 Canadian terminator

Cverse

Established Member
Need some help Canadian terminator owners when owning a terminator that was made for Canada r all the parts the same as the U.S cars nothing special r hidden I need 2 know about? The guy in formed me that the car is in kilometers first and mph second, the car has a block heater, and when u take off the hand brake the daytime running lights come on cause the guy said that is the law in Canada. Is there anything else I need 2 know like how does it hold up on value is it the same as a U.S car. I'm hoping never 2 sell the terminator if I get it but didn't know how the resale would be r if it would hold it's value. The car has 24255 km on the car which is 15051 mil any help and info would be appreciative since I'm new 2 these car thanks in advanced

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
The taillights will be different as well. go look at an 99-01 cobra that is what they will look like

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I live in Canada and own a Terminator that came from vegas , It is in mph which can be a bit confusing because everything is in kilometers here . I don't think there are any other differences between Canadian and American cars than what is mentioned above . Although I don't think the 03/04 Canadian cobras used the 99-01 Cobra taillights . I thought the terminator taillights were all the same ?

Bigggy

Established Member
I live in Canada and own a Terminator that came from vegas , It is in mph which can be a bit confusing because everything is in kilometers here . I don't think there are any other differences between Canadian and American cars than what is mentioned above . Although I don't think the 03/04 Canadian cobras used the 99-01 Cobra taillights . I thought the terminator taillights were all the same ?

I would have to agree on that, tails are the same.

-The block heater is probably not stock? Simply remove it on leave it there and don't use it.
I'm not sure why it does have a block heater, I would not drive a Cobra in cold temps where you would need a heater.
-Yes there's DRL on canadian model (Day running light)
-Cluster will be in Km indeed

Other than that it's the same car.

For anyone wanting DRL in canada with a US car, they can simply rewire the fog lights to come on at IGN, like I did.

Cverse

Established Member
What about the radios in the Canadian cars is it different from the U.S. Friend said they look the same but the internals r different cause u guys have different frequencies r is he full of shit?

Bigggy

Established Member
North America is on the same standard, so Canada an the US should have the same Freq band on the radio. Europe is different. I had a US radio in Canada and everything worked accordingly..until the radio started to eat the CDs but that's a different story...

mustang loco

Established Member
I would have to agree on that, tails are the same.

-The block heater is probably not stock? Simply remove it on leave it there and don't use it.
I'm not sure why it does have a block heater, I would not drive a Cobra in cold temps where you would need a heater.
-Yes there's DRL on canadian model (Day running light)
-Cluster will be in Km indeed

Other than that it's the same car.

For anyone wanting DRL in canada with a US car, they can simply rewire the fog lights to come on at IGN, like I did.

+1 agree,and that radio frequency thing ..same thing.

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine was originally sold in Canada. No difference on the cluster, had the DRL easily disabled by unplugging the module behind and slightly above the drivers side fog light. Has the block heater which looks to be from Ford from the tag on it. I haven't got around to removing it, I always forget when I have it up on a lift.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
In Canada block heaters are an option but are on most vehicles here . When it drops down to minus 35 Celsius its a nice feature to have to avoid those cold starts . Likely not necessary on a terminator unless you're leaving it outside during the winter or even storing it in a shop that's not heated .

Bigggy

Established Member
In Canada block heaters are an option but are on most vehicles here . When it drops down to minus 35 Celsius its a nice feature to have to avoid those cold starts . Likely not necessary on a terminator unless you're leaving it outside during the winter or even storing it in a shop that's not heated .

If it stored and you don't start the car there is no use for a block heater ;).

Cverse

Established Member
The car will be stored in a temp controlled garage year round. I'll probably leave it on unless it's in the way but probably won't be

Users who are viewing this thread