03 Cobra 1/8 mile time?

scog72

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra with Nitto DR, Flowmaster exhaust, 3.1 pulley, and CAI. This will be my first time to the track in this car and second time to the track ever. I was wondering what my 1/8 mile and 1/4 times should be. I will be going in about 4 hours. Thanks!

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Well what happened?:shrug:

What track did you go to?

Last edited:

7thplace

Established Member
No point or harm intended. I know 1.72 isn't great was just posting my experience and my .02! I'm just not one to act as a know it all. There are enough of those guys in thisnworld huh

7thplace

Established Member
Hey scog sorry bout hijacking the thread didn't mean to get into a pissin contest. There are slot of factors that determine 60fts. Weather being a huge factor but I'd start at 18 like they said and go down till it works best for you.

3rdplaceking

Established Member
My car is slow but I ran 2.1 60ft on 18 psi and dropped it to 14 psi and ran 1.8 so I'd have to go with 14 but that's not to say 18 doesn't work. I noticed the colder the weather got the lower psi worked for me. Just my experience don't go postal on me guys

scog72

Established Member
Well we went to the drag strip and the timing system was not working. They were going on hand drop. It was at Jakes Speedway (Moulton,AL) We ended up not running since we were most interested in times anyways. We are looking forward to going back in two Saturdays. We work shiftwork and alternate nights and days. So you think I may make around 430 rwhp? Wow... I was thinking maybe 410. Thanks for all of your input and I will definitely keep you updated when I run. By the way, my friend at work thinks there is no way I will get in the 7's, so maybe I will surprise him.

c_mart_28

Established Member
I'd be very happy with your mods getting into the 7's..

have fun (when you actually get to race it..)

scog72

Established Member
Cmart, what would you expect the car to run? And how much do you guys think I could lower my 1/8 times with the 2.76 pulley? Would you be able to tell a big difference?

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Cmart, what would you expect the car to run? And how much do you guys think I could lower my 1/8 times with the 2.76 pulley? Would you be able to tell a big difference?

i ran 7.7@91 on nittos with a 2.93 pulley. you will pick up like 1 psi with pulley over the other, so like 15 hp probley

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
I know you said its your first time to the track with the cobra, but you should run 7's easily. I ran multiple 7.9x's and a 7.8x in my car with a cat-back and a tire only. Good luck and keep us posted!

c_mart_28

Established Member
Honestly, if you can dip into the 7's at anything over 90 mph, you're doing pretty well, in my opinion.

That would indicate you're well into the low-mid 12's. Do you know what the elevation of your track and typical DA would be? That can make a good amount of difference. Just ask the east coast guys :)

Keep in mind also that if you're suffering through July heat in Alabama, you're definitely going to need to give the car lots and lots of cool down time. I'd stuff your IC res full of ice and jump it to run the whole time while you're in the pits just to try to eeek out every degree of cooling you can get. Just my opinions, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread