'03 Cobra 13K miles SSR 480rwhp/480rwtq

scooter5

Established Member
can we get a closer, for that price i wanna see pics of the car up on a lift.....
and why does everyone say " i don`t have to sell it" WELL DON`T THEN!!!

Ltlmule

Established Member
Think of the cleanest 03 cobra you have seen and imagine one better than that. Nope that his price. You go find a 03 cobra with 13K miles or so, which is 25K-28K. Then you go get the port work and the other mods and your at about 5K. Then go buy a set of SSR's and new tires.

The benefit is its already done for you.

When the new shelby comes out, this will be a bargain.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Well, I guess I "won't bother contacting" and my guess is, nobody else will either. If you get $35k for 03 Cobra Coupe just because it has SSR wheels on it I'm buying stock in SSR and every 03 Coupe I can find. That might be a better investment than realestate.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Ltlmule said:
Think of the cleanest 03 cobra you have seen and imagine one better than that.

My Lightning has less than 6k miles on it and I would bet so much cleaner than that Cobra you'd be amazed. Even at that, I would never expect $10k over the book value for it. :shrug:

Ltlmule said:
Nope that his price. You go find a 03 cobra with 13K miles or so, which is 25K-28K. Then you go get the port work and the other mods and your at about 5K. Then go buy a set of SSR's and new tires.

Mods almost NEVER increase the value of a car. As specially one that is limited production. If anything, it will reduce the value over time. I just sold a 2000 GT with $20k in receipts and it only had 36k miles on it. The most I could get was $14,500 for it. That's just the way it is with modded cars. :(

Ltlmule said:

Read the post I made before this one... :-D

Ltlmule said:

That has to be the most ridiculous statement yet. There is no way on this earth that the release of the Shelby is going to positively affect the price of the 03/04 Cobra. You have to understand the properties of supply and demand, but once you do you'll realize that it will NEVER happen. The only thing the Shelby release will do to the Cobra is make more available on the used car market. It's that simple. ;-)

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just trying to get some good points across before the flame fest begins. :burn:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Ltlmule said:
Think of the cleanest 03 cobra you have seen and imagine one better than that. Nope that his price. You go find a 03 cobra with 13K miles or so, which is 25K-28K. Then you go get the port work and the other mods and your at about 5K. Then go buy a set of SSR's and new tires.

As clean as this one I got for $26,000?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266228

Nicks_RegalGS

Established Member
You also have to realize that, a stock Cobra is worth a lot more than a modded one. A whippled Cobra can add some bucks, but just because you have some wheels and tires, doesn't mean squat. Modding these cars are half the fun of buying them, if you do most of the modding, you took most of the fun out of it. I would say you should shoot closer to $25K or less, especially since you lowered it. Because the speed bumps at work (they're huge) that car would never get over them safely. If I were to buy the car, I would have to spend money to bring it back to stock height.

good luck though, you could always find an idiot.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Nicks_RegalGS said:
You also have to realize that, a stock Cobra is worth a lot more than a modded one. A whippled Cobra can add some bucks, but just because you have some wheels and tires, doesn't mean squat. Modding these cars are half the fun of buying them, if you do most of the modding, you took most of the fun out of it. I would say you should shoot closer to $25K or less, especially since you lowered it. Because the speed bumps at work (they're huge) that car would never get over them safely. If I were to buy the car, I would have to spend money to bring it back to stock height.

good luck though, you could always find an idiot.
It has coil overs, it would take about 20 minutes... :rollseyes

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Gloat all you want, no way in hell that car sold for 35k. Unless you painted stripes on it and tricked someone into thinking it's the first Shelby. Nice try.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
:rockon:
RedfireSVT said:
Gloat all you want, no way in hell that car sold for 35k. Unless you painted stripes on it and tricked someone into thinking it's the first Shelby. Nice try.
Agreed!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread