03 cobra auto swap

snkbte2003

does anybody know where i can find all the parts to run in a c4 in my 03 cobra. what about driveline does stock driveline work or do i have to buy a new one if so where can i find all the parts

MVD

Established Member
does anybody know where i can find all the parts to run in a c4 in my 03 cobra. what about driveline does stock driveline work or do i have to buy a new one if so where can i find all the parts

Parts needed.......C4/converter, flexplate, shifter and trans cooler.

Stock driveline.......you are already replacing the trans, the rear end will work (why wouldn't it), but you will of course need a driveshaft since the C4 is a lot shoter than the T-56.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I just put one in my car

unless its a heavily used track car I would suggest a 4r70w to you. remember there is NO OVERDRIVE in the C4. and there is no lockup so the converter is always slipping. if thats what your looking for ask away, I should be able to answer any questions you have.

btw, I swapped to the C4 from a 4r70w so Ive had both and can tell you anything about them.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
With a C4 and my sig what converter should I use.not a strip car ..maybe once.
Also can I run 2.73's or 3.08's with this TRANS? I still want 26 MPG highway if possible.
should still have good pull with the gears above right? Aurightis sucks!

SVTurbo

Established Member
I've been running a PA super comp C4 and 4.6 bell housing for several years. The converter is a 10" TCI that originally stalled at around 3600 to 3800 rpm. I've had it tightened up to around 3000 to 3200 rpm for better street driving and highway cruising. I've run 3.08 gears with it but currently use 3.27 which results in 3400 rpm cruising at 70 mph with 26" tall tires (Nitto 315's).

cobra=trouble

Established Member
2 weeks ago I picked up a new super comp PA C4 w/ TRANS brake. And JW bell andTCI10 in. Converter. With anti ballooning plate nitrous convertor for my fox body drag car.w 408w
Found it n C/L gave 2K for all of it.
Now would be great to have a C4 too that could handle 1000 HP.

boost42

AssKicker
Established Member
I'd definitely go with a 4r70w or 4r75w. I did the 4r75w swap and dont regret it one bit. do NOT get a c4 if the car is "rarely" seeing the strip. You're gonna wish you had overdrive if it's a street car. I can drive mine 65+ miles to work and back and go run mid 10's on the weekend with no changes or problems. I'd suggest a manual valve body and a ratchet shifter. Thats just my opinion

cobra=trouble

Established Member
What if you run a 2.73 gear with c 4.? MPG should be good on highway plus Perf. And traction. ?rpms will be low little high overall then with the t56 and my 3.73 now I get 26.8 all highway before this new build and had Tad over 600 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread