'03 Cobra -- Colgan Customs Bra

ObieFox

Established Member
I contacted Colgan Customs about their plans to release a Bra for our new toys and here is what they said.
"For the 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra, we have not made an application. I will add you to our pattern request list and notify you as when one becomes
available. For more information call us at 1-800-447-2727 ext. 21 or 22. Our hours are Monday-Friday from 8 to 4:30 pm (PST).

Thank you for choosing Colgan Custom.
[email protected]
www.colgancustom.com"

I think Colgan makes one of the best Bra's out there, so I think we all need to contact them and let them know that there is a solid market for their product. It never hurts to push them a little ;)

KO

'68-Cobra

Established Member
Ford's Cobra Bra

Do you know if & when Ford will come out with a Bra for the '03 Cobra?

I am running a Bullitt on the track with a factory GT bra & it has worked great for me. It frequently sees speeds north of 120 mph.

I'd like to buy the Ford product if everyone thinks it will be a good quality piece.

Your thoughts?

'68-Cobra

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
My thoughts...

Why do you guys put a bra on a car with a plastic front bumpered car.

They were originally made for cars like the 911 whos metal front bumper and low hood line would get stone chipped...

Even then, this practice always reminded me of old people that put plastic runners on carpet or plastic covers on sofa's...

besides they are ugly as hell...

lol

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
My thoughts...

Why do you guys put a bra on a car with a plastic front bumpered car.

They were originally made for cars like the 911 whos metal front bumper and low hood line would get stone chipped...

Even then, this practice always reminded me of old people that put plastic runners on carpet or plastic covers on sofa's...

besides they are ugly as hell...

lol

I don't use a bra, but I can tell you from experience, that it's not just the chips you worry about, it's the sand blasted look. I've had to have bumpers painted because it looks as if they were lightly sand blasted from all the road grit...JMO

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Call me Grandpa and pass the slip covers. If any body gets any info from Colgan (I have the same message from them) please post it as I would like to have one, doing a lot of expressway driving in South Florida with all the dirt trucks.

ObieFox

Established Member
Vintage, I'm not a big fan of Bra's BUT when I'm heading on a trip I always put one on. Bugs, rocks, sand you name it will really take its toll on the front our babies. If you go to any car shows, it is pretty easy to pick out which cars wear bras and which ones don't. Now slip covers on the couch is a TOTALLY different issue! ;)

KO

silvercoffin

Established Member
bra hehehe

I was going to buy one back when I had my grand prix and the guy at the auto parts store I was at talked me out of it even though they had them in stock. He felt that you do more damage with one on your car than off. Paint fade and dirt getting underneath were his two biggest concerns.

I would like to have one just for long trips or highway trips.

My car now barely ever sees rush hour on the highway or gets too close to someones rear, but every time I wash it a find another white chip on the nice red paint.

El Culebra

Established Member
When I take long trips I totally get dressed up to protest against those nasty bugs, rocks and sand.

But in the City I run naked I don't think Grandpa and Grandma would do that protect your bumper and save money.:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread