03 Cobra Dyno Tune- What do you think it will put down?

03SonicSVT

Established Member
Hey Guys,
I finally got all of my parts in and installed and will be getting the car tuned this Friday. Looking to get everyone's guesses on what it will put down.

Mods are:
BBK Long tubes, BBK O/R X pipe, Magnaflow catback
JLT RAM intake
SCT 2600 MAF
60# injectors
KB BAP
Posi ported Eaton
Ported stock Throttle Body and Plenum
2.93 upper and 6# lower pulley

Im hoping for 500hp/550tq

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I think 500 hp is in your near future op, maybe a tad more!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
93 or 91 octane?

If timing is aggressive for example 20~21*. I guess 530hp 550ish TQ.

Good luck!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
My car on 93 with stock logs and a 2.9/6lb setup made 530/550. Posi eaton, but the dragon TB setup. I say you should be close to the 530/550 since you have the long tubes and I didn't.

03SonicSVT

Established Member
That would be awesome! I needed up going using the jlt cai that goes to the fender well due to a vendor sending me the wrong part twice.. I heard that the ram style one that keeps the filter in the engine bay was better for higher ho applications. Is there any truth to that?

Mach828

Established Member
That would be awesome! I needed up going using the jlt cai that goes to the fender well due to a vendor sending me the wrong part twice.. I heard that the ram style one that keeps the filter in the engine bay was better for higher ho applications. Is there any truth to that?

Yes. We had a snake bite eaton pick up 4lbs when they ditched the fender well intake.

You want the biggest, shortest ram intake possible with PD blowers. There is a reason why the big twin screw kits all use huge short ram intakes.

ctgreddy

Established Member
if your setup doesn't crack 500 whp somethings wrong. especially if your buddy made 540 on an unported eaton as it sounds like the dyno is VERY generous. On average dynojets and the proper amount of timing for 93(20+) I'm gonna guess 533hp/511tq. Good luck man and let us know when the dyno time comes.

03SonicSVT

Established Member
For all of those wondering, the car made.....a blown motor! I am pissed to say the least. The tuner was very sketchy and ran the car lean multiple times. I will be tearing it down soon, but the motor won't even turn over by hand so it's not looking good

ctgreddy

Established Member
Wow that's terrible. Sorry to hear that man. who "tuned" it and how lean was it?

03SonicSVT

Established Member
It was tuned at walker dyno in trussville Alabama, but Doug who works at Hinson and use to do the tuning with bama did the tuning. He was very unprofessional and deflected all blame away from himself.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Man that sucks to hear. I hope the crank\block can at least be salvaged. Trailer it next time to someone reputable like Kurgan over in GA.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Wow, that's ridiculous. these engines can handle a couple quick lean pulls but nothing even close to that.

03SonicSVT

Established Member
This is the only pull I took a picture of the dyno chart of- it didn't run lean this pull, this was one of the later pulls, I am working with the guy who owns the dyno for all of the pulls.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread