03 Cobra Engine in a V6

RedDragginV6

Does anyone know any info as to how and where I can get a 99-up cobra engine and tranny to drop in my v6? i drove an 03 cobra yesterday. thats one hell of a car fellas. lemme know.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Check out Mustang Parts Specialties, right in your backyard. HERE for example, is an 03 rollover that they are parting out. Hope this helps. ;-)

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
For the cost of modifying a V6 mustang with a supercharged Cobra including suspension, wheels, brakes and the transmission you'll be better off finding a pre-owned 96-99 Cobra with a SC already on it.

mustangmatt

Established Member
i dont know about that

I honestly do not think its cheaper to buy a 96-99 cobra. Im actually tearing up my v6 at this moment and puttin a 5.0 L in it. I did do extensive shopping for used 94-98 cobras and they sell for about $10,000-$15,000, and most of those were not supercharged. I think it would be almost the same amount either way. I guess it really depends how much u can get for your car when u sell it, but soncidering its a v6 i would guess in the $4,000 range which means you would have to compensate for $6,000-$11,000at least. I personally believe the job can be done cheaper, and it will be fun. So more power to ya man :beer:

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Re: i dont know about that

Originally posted by mustangmatt
I honestly do not think its cheaper to buy a 96-99 cobra. Im actually tearing up my v6 at this moment and puttin a 5.0 L in it. I did do extensive shopping for used 94-98 cobras and they sell for about $10,000-$15,000, and most of those were not supercharged. I think it would be almost the same amount either way. I guess it really depends how much u can get for your car when u sell it, but soncidering its a v6 i would guess in the $4,000 range which means you would have to compensate for $6,000-$11,000at least. I personally believe the job can be done cheaper, and it will be fun. So more power to ya man :beer:
yep and no payments:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread