03 cobra engine long block- no accessories

so_r_crazy

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra motor, that had the head TSB done to it, so it has blue paint on head. Has 51K miles, compression tested good 189-192, oil pan taken off to check bearings-good as well, and only had a 2.76 with steeda idler on it for half the mileage. No other mods.

$3300 as is no accessories with 03-04 Cobra Timing cover. Dont bother asking on Eaton stuff unless you bring another $3000- it complete including pcm harness, ecu, and new engine harness with cop.

$3200 as is no accessories with 99-01Cobra/03-04 Mach One style timing cover.

Long gone- For $500 more will include complete 99-01 Cobra upper/lower- with rails, injectors and engine harness. Easy drop in swap for GT, use GT accessories then have forged engine- just add power adder.

PM me if interested.

Engine.gif

Engine2.gif

Engine3.gif

99-014vTiming.gif

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
There was no head recall, just a technical service bulletin. They almost all had blue paint so that is meaningless.
It would be helpful to serious shoppers to have the engineering numbers off the heads,
There was an improved head made available as a service replacement(per bulletin) in late 05 that carried 05 Aviator numbers. If those are on there THAT would be NICE!

Just trying to help with accurate info.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
If at the time of the TSB- it had a head tick- it would have been replaced by ford.

This one was not.

Where is the following- "engineering numbers off the heads"?

I can get and post as well.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If at the time of the TSB- it had a head tick- it would have been replaced by ford.

This one was not.

Where is the following- "engineering numbers off the heads"?

I can get and post as well.

They are cast into the head, can't remember exactly where, they would have looked something like ****(4digits) 6049(the basic) *** (the suffix)..something like 2C5E 6049 ACA.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Ill look tonight if it has not sold by the afternoon, as I have a buyer just need to see if he shows up with cash.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Just an FYI for everyone. I am not going to pull the motor apart and sell peices like the short block, heads, etc., etc. If it does not sell I still plan to use for my build, and it would be pointless to pull apart and then have to pay to put it back together.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Changed my mind on pulling apart- only looking to sell as a long block so I can still use if not sold.

Last edited:

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Well the 5.4 4v I wanted looks to be sold as of last night so not sure how much longer I am wiling leave up for sale. In any case bump.

Users who are viewing this thread