03 Cobra gets smoked by Hemi Durango

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Or at least that is what the guy in the Durango in front of me is probably posting today on the Dodge Forums :bored:

Going to work this morning I was getting on the highway which has a very long entrance ramp. The Hemi Durango floored it (I saw black smoke puff out the exhaust) and I thought "Cool, someone who knows how to get onto the freakin' highway" so I accelerate as well still in 6th gear going around 50 mph. I stayed pretty much on his rear the entire time, but he started to slowly pull as the speed got up close to 80 or so. So now this tool is whooping it up and TAUNTING me in his rear view mirror like he just drug my ass :dw: So I pull up next to him in the other lane and he is having a grand time thinking he just showed me a little "Hemi Power!". Anyway , I pull on up and get into the fast lane and he pulls behind me. We get to an opening where the toll road opens up another short lane to go through the automated toll card readers, so I decide it's time to show him to not believe everything you see in a Dodge commercial, I drop it into third gear at 70, jump a little to let him know I am ready, then mat it. He tried to keep up for about 2 seconds, then gave up and wouldn't come close to me the rest of the drive to work.

Jeesh, those Hemis need to quit stuffing their crack pipe with all that commercial hype they see on TV and understand their place in "High Performance" vehicle standings. Anybody else run into these Hemi tools?

Dan

pestilence

Established Member
HAHAHAHA LMAO! I love it when they lose (technically speaking) and won't come near you again. What's really funny is when they run a light or turn off somewhere just so they won't have to be near you, or they stop 30 ft from a light just so you are not lined up together.

FEAR. Her name is cobra.

Last edited:

L8Braker

Established Member
Sorry, guys, I know I don't drive a Cobra, but I did have to comment on the Hemi guys thing.

Last year sometime, a guy pulls up next me in a new Hemi Powered Ram regular cab without the 20's, and gives me a rev. So I'm thinking cool, I will get to see what one of these things can do. We hit it from the light, and I hear him spinning, but not that bad. After putting 2 1/2 car lengths on him really quick, I just let out and he does a ricer fly by (can you do that in an american truck?) Anyway, I was not that impressed. So yea he was "Getting beat in a hemi powered RAM!"

I did verify that is was a hemi by looking at the badges on the front fenders before racing. But I suppose he could have stuck those on there? Still the truck sounded good, like a hemi should I suppose.

Last edited:

TNTramair

Established Member
beware the "hemi" powered srt-8's....nothing to screw with if you have a gt...mach1...02 or lower cobra. you'll be in for a suprise.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
TNTramair said:
beware the "hemi" powered srt-8's....nothing to screw with if you have a gt...mach1...02 or lower cobra. you'll be in for a suprise.

I'm not worried :D

I actually had a hemi dodge try to beat me getting on the freeway, i was 1/2'ing it and still kicked beat him. It was funny...had i tried well...it would have been ugly.

sic04svt

Hemi's sound good but I've had to put it down on a couple. I think the salesman and commercials get the owners all hyped up. They have to learn the hard way.

TNTramair

Established Member
SQ Stang said:
I'm not worried :D

I actually had a hemi dodge try to beat me getting on the freeway, i was 1/2'ing it and still kicked beat him. It was funny...had i tried well...it would have been ugly.
i hear what your saying...but you do know i wasnt reffering to a srt-10 dont ya???

300c srt-8....big wheels, big brembo brakes, lip kit, bout 435hp?? :coolman:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
i believe the 300c srt-8, is 415... Motor Trend did a comparison of the CTS-V, 6.0 GTO, and the SRT8.... i believe the caddy won..

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
TNTramair said:
i hear what your saying...but you do know i wasnt reffering to a srt-10 dont ya???

300c srt-8....big wheels, big brembo brakes, lip kit, bout 435hp?? :coolman:

yeah i know you weren't referring to the SRT-10. They had a dyno on a stock 300C SRT-8 and it made 367.2 RWHP and 353.9 RWTQ. I still make a hell of a lot more hp than him even at the wheels. I'm still not worried. :coolman:

sic04svt

Me either. Im looking to shut an SRT-10 down as well. I have seen 2 so far out here. Once it was raining and the other time the guy didn't want to run. I WONDER WHY :shrug:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
TNTramair said:

Bring on that srt-8...I gotta little surprise under the hood waiting for it. :D

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
new hemi's suck..it cracks me up when people think they're somehow so much better than a regular v8 with similar displacement. I love making people in hemi trucks that think they're fast look like tools.

random-strike

Banned
i like dodge and all the new cars and trucks they're making with their Hemi engine.

those durangos run what about low 15/15 flat stock thats pretty peppy.

some douche bag buisness guys tried to race me in their durango that i can only assume was completly stock. i beat him when my fox had gears/h/e but it wasnt by very much at all...

overall im impressed by the Hemi ram and durangos power

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
TNTramair said:
Especially the guys in the '02 Cobras ;-) (no such animal)

bd2bonez06

Established Member
04svtlightning said:
Me either. Im looking to shut an SRT-10 down as well. I have seen 2 so far out here. Once it was raining and the other time the guy didn't want to run. I WONDER WHY :shrug:

You better have some good mods, I have walked stock/ lightly modded lightnings in my ram srt-10 from a roll. No flaming I like the lightnings just giving you a heads up :beer:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I searched some dodge truck forums just for fun as saw very little about Cobras, and definitely not any kill stories..

bd2bonez06

Established Member
jdk said:
I searched some dodge truck forums just for fun as saw very little about Cobras, and definitely not any kill stories..

I beat a 96' Cobra in the Ram srt-10 :burnout: The 03' slightly modded walked off on me bad :eek: Its a fast truck but no where near a 03-04 cobras performance, and a highly modded lightning will do some damage also :beer: But you gotta love the torque of that big v10 :rockon:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
bd2bonez06 said:
I beat a 96' Cobra in the Ram srt-10 :burnout: The 03' slightly modded walked off on me bad :eek: Its a fast truck but no where near a 03-04 cobras performance, and a highly modded lightning will do some damage also :beer: But you gotta love the torque of that big v10 :rockon:

I was searching more for hemi kills.. I think it goes without saying a 500 HP truck will beat a stock '96 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread