03 Cobra in Cold Weather -- Should I give up 'til Spring ?

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
I am about to give up on driving my Cobra below freezing -- I wheel-hop from 1st to 4th -- that can't be good for the car -- should I be hanging it up til warm weather arrives ?

fangstang

Established Member
NO!! Drive it. Thats what it was made for. I'm tired of all these guys that keep there cars for like 3-5 yrs and only have 3000 miles on them. Thats called a waste of money. Its these yuppies that want to feel "cool" that mostly do it. Stick to your volvos, saabs, and audis, boys!

P.S. Sorry, I just had to let that out!

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
NO!! Drive it. Thats what it was made for. I'm tired of all these guys that keep there cars for like 3-5 yrs and only have 3000 miles on them. Thats called a waste of money. Its these yuppies that want to feel "cool" that mostly do it. Stick to your volvos, saabs, and audis, boys!

P.S. Sorry, I just had to let that out!

You forgot to mention our BMW's and Benz':p

:beer:

fangstang

Established Member
No Way man! BMW's And Benz's are another level all together!. I've always had Benz's in the family, and currently have an E55. I also have a 330ci sport. Far from yuppie! Yuppies drive the "economy" type cars like the ones I previously mentioned. I guess if you wanna throw another car in there, you can throw all minivans. When a guy has to drive a minivan on a daily basis, hes straight up gay.

P.S. ........and I'm not sorry about saying that!

Poison_S

Established Member
Fangstang, sounds like you got it all figured out.

ABout the wheel hop, I too have noticed quite a bit more in the extremely cold weather ( < 30 degrees F). It does not keep me from driving it.

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
Why dont you go back to sleep, its better for you! I dont need to here your smart ass comments. And for your information, if you're taking offense to what i said about audi's, you shouldnt, cause you have a very nice S4. Have a nice day.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
I dont need to here [sic] your smart ass comments

people in glass houses.......:bash:

Last edited:

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
If you've got another car, put the Cobra up until spring.

My traction was for shit in November. It's way to easy to spin these cars on frozen roads even without ice or snow.

Video

Established Member
Im not sure I could go a season without drivin my beast....Its bad enough when I gotta wait for the snow to melt and the roads to clear....

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
How the hell old are you guys...
For Christ's sake, cut it out...

You all act like a bunch of mullet wearing camarro driven ricer wannabe's....

I decided to keep my Cobra in the garage from Dec 1 to March 31 for the following reasons....

10. To irritate Fangstang.
9. Because its too cold to wash it every other day.
8. Cause I need new tires and am waiting on my tax refund.
7. Other drivers and 1/2" of snow.
6. 1" snow = 3" salt
5. Take a break on Insurance for the 1st Quarter.
4. Have a '93 Explorer and need to use it sometimes.
3. No traction in the rain, can't imagine snow
2. Kids dirty snowboots.

1. Because I AM COOL and that means I do what I want....

"If I could have one wish Id wish for a really big ass for the whole world to kiss..."

SCCA FUN

Established Member
A Benz in Europe is just another taxi cab

but slap a big engine in it and it becomes a fat old man's luxury wanna be 'sport'. Audi's and BMW's (by the way) are DRIVERS cars in Europe. Here too. (Hope this doesn't dissapoint your mommy and daddy.)

fangstang

Established Member
I dont know what crawled up all your ass's, but, I was purely stating my opinion. How many times do we have to go through this on this site with you rookies. I think you guys should grow up, seriously.

P.S. Vintage, I like #10! LOL!!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I agree we should put them away. Although mine is out and about, I wish I put it away because I beat a Viper, 88 modded GT and modded 01 ZO6 when it was nice out, then I lost to a bone stock 95 Z28 because the roads still had salt on them and I had no traction. Although my car is way faster, I lost because a race is a race. I don't use the salt as an excuse. I am going to stick with driving the SVT Contour in the winter. Plus, getting rid of all of those insurance payments is not a bad idea either.

Users who are viewing this thread