03 Cobra IRS Swap?

Bullitt 2496

Established Member
I'm interested in swapping out the live axle in my Bullitt for an 03 Cobra IRS. Is there anyone in the Northeast that is interested in doing the swap? I'm open to negotiations...

PM me or email...

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
One question... Why?

Unless your only into road course racing/basic daily driving...

Just be sure to do some research about what your getting yourself into.

IMO, the '03 Cobra IRS pretty much ---- sucks.

nj7703

Established Member
There is a member here that i know of that may be VERY interested in it. I sent him a link to your post. I don't want to speak for him but you may get a response from him directly.

Bullitt 2496

Established Member
I want to take out the live axle in my Bullitt... and put the IRS from from the Cobra in it.

I do enjoy road racing more than going to the strip. And I intend to upgrade some of the 03 Cobra parts once I get it done to make it more strip friendly...

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
IMO, the 03 Cobra IRS does NOT suck.

The older ones did, but not the 03. Yes it hops, and yes people break halfshafts, but thats because they stay in on the hop. Its a lot more improved than the previous IRS setups. And it holds up to a lot of power. ET Streets dumped at 5k and running low 11s on a STOCK IRS? Thats fast! And thats if you drag race... you can also swap in aftermarket halfshafts that take in more abuse. And on a street car on street tires, it does help with traction a decent bit. If you swapped a Solid Rear into an 03, on street tires, you would have more traction issues.

So, IMO, the 03 IRS is good. And I would go Solid Axle only when doing more drag racing than anything else. Maybe in a few years, but for now, Im keeping the IRS.

Bullitt 2496

Established Member
Originally posted by Vrrooom

I would go Solid Axle only when doing more drag racing than anything else. [/B]

That's what I'm looking for... someone who wants to drag race... whereas I want to road race.

nj7703

Established Member
I think you will have a contact from someone here in NJ soon :) You may just have made someone's day by looking for a swap :beer:

Bullitt 2496

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I think you will have a contact from someone here in NJ soon :) You may just have made someone's day by looking for a swap :beer:

sweetness.

I bought my Bullitt in Jersey... hehe.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Bullitt 2496
sweetness.

I bought my Bullitt in Jersey... hehe.

Very cool! :beer: I wanted that Bullet so bad a few years back. You have an awesome car for sure. It's going to turn heads at the track for sure

Users who are viewing this thread