03 Cobra keeps stalling at idle! Help!

amurray7777

Established Member
I bought an 03 Cobra in August with a VMP TVS blower and an E 85 fuel system. Car runs great. Had to sort through some alternator issues and got all that worked out. Put in a T-56 Magnum 26 spline and an RXT.

For some reason, the car used to occasionally stall when coming to a stop. Especially, a hard stop.

That went away after the new alternator went on and now it’s back. It stalled on me 4 times today. Twice while turning in neutral, and twice while stopping. I can see the idle rolling and hunting before it happens. Sometimes it just drops and dies. Yesterday, it was fine all day.

My Fox used to idle roll and I adjusted the IAC, and the problem went away. I watch my XCAL 4 and the desired idle is set at 816 while warm.

It eas tuned at Palm Beach Dyno and they are awesome. Very, very busy. The old owner said he never had this issue.

I’m leaning towards a dirty IAC, or MAF, but I wanted some opinions. It’s getting worse and it’s frustrating the hell out of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MG0h3

Established Member
Could be a lazy IaC. Ever have a hanging high idle?

Does the idle pick up when you turn the AC on?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread