03 cobra low compression on just one cylinder

hotcobra03

Established Member
anyone else could help out on this. thanks

i have been checking mine since my nightmare with cyl 6...

i have had 2 different heads have cyl 6 issues..

my numbers are 180-195.with over 300k..from reading it could just be the type of tester used for numbers being different than others...a leakdown would be the better test..

CobraVenom2003

Rice Eater
50,000 k exactly and all of a sudden ..BANG !!!

So i decided to bust a 170km 4th pass on a 10 car slow poke line of slow ass drivers on a one line hwy in my 2003 Whippled SVT Cobra that dyno'd at 725HP and 625 RWHP and then BANG !!!! My snake shuts completely off and blue and white smoke from directly behind it starts to come out...My heart jumps out of my chest and I manage to restart the car and pull over.......MY FIRST INSTINCT IS I BLEW THE HEADS !!!! But i wasnt really going fast.......I pop the hood and see oil leaking out the side of the block....weird noises to. I was able to drive it to the nearest town and lucky there was a Ford dealership.....They did a diagnostic and said #5 and #8 completely mis firing after 6 passes....#4 #6 and #7 at 40 %..WOW !!! i went from 18 psi to a burb of power...Sad for my sick snake !!!! It is now in the original shop where it was tuned and built and dyno'd...They saying either you need a new engine or heads....cylinders rings etc. Can anyone give me some re assuring news ????? Thank you. :fm::fm::cuss::cuss::mj::mj::p

Users who are viewing this thread