03 Cobra Powered 92 Coupe

Roush9703

Established Member
To start off it is a 92 Coupe that started life as a 4cylinder car. I bought it off of a guy right after he had finished a v8 swap. I drove it for a while then decided to drop in the spare 03 cobra motor I had and make it a race car. I have done 95% of what I had intended so someone is going to get an almost completed race for a great price. As far as parts go, the only things needed to put this car on the track are a set of drag wheels/tires, and front/rear brakes. Everything else has already been completed. The motor has 20K miles and was pulled from a wrecked 03 cobra in 2005. It consists of a stock bottom end, with p&p’d heads with a set of comp cams. The blower is a stage V port from Steigemeier. I am not running a heat exchanger like stock 03 cobra’s. Because this is a race car I am running a 5 gallon fuel in the place of the passenger seat with a Mezeire pump. This is much more efficient since the tank can be filled with ice and fresh water as often as I like without the headaches of an engine bay mounted water tank. The engine uses a BIG STUFF 3 engine management system and was tuned by Dave Guy of SGS performance. Hp and Tq both come in at 500. It’s low numbers are attributed to the stock blower not being able to put enough air into the worked over heads. If a whipple or KB were to be installed the motor would come alive. The tranny is a Proshifted T5 by Bob Hanlin. The tranny will hold up at the current power level, but a swap will probably needed if the wick is turned up anymore. This car was built to be a race car however nothing has been done so far that would ruin it from street duty. It does have a fuel cell in the trunk, however no major modifications where done to mount it. A tank could still easily be mounted in the stock location. The body is in good condition. It is a 16 year old car so there are the usual blemishes that come with it’s age. Most notably the rear quarter window trim is in rough shape and a spot of rust under the paint on the rear lip of the trunk lid. Out of ten I would list the body as a 7. The only parts she needs is a set of headlights. If you were to give the car a new paint job she would look great again. The interior is in good shape. There are no cracks or serious problems with any panels or the dash because I have placed everything that was damaged and the carpet is also brand new. The only thing holding the interior back from being in excellent condition is the upholstery which has seen its better days. I was planning to do a rear bulkhead with a set of racing seats so I didn't bother replacing them. Below I have a thorough modification list with the pictures. As you'll see by the parts list, the car was put together with quality parts and nothing that has been completed is skimped on. I'm asking $12,500, I'm not 100% percent firm and have no problem with taking offers but please only contact me if you are serious. If have any questions please email me at [email protected] , I will answer all of your questions promptly. I also am capable of taking more pictures so if there is a certain area of the car that you want to see let me know and I’ll get you the pics.

thanks,
Shea

Engine:
20k miles 03 cobra
JLP ported and polished heads
Comp cams
Steigemeier Stage V ported blower w/2.93 upper pulley
6lb lower pulley
Stock exhaust manifolds w/ off road x pipe
Mezeire Electric water pump(6 rib accessory belt is gone)
Deleted a/c and power steering
Solid motor mounts
Big Stuff 3 engine management
LS1 coils w/ billet valve cover mounts
MSD plug wires

Fuel system:
10 gal trunk mounted cell
Weldon 2025 pump
-10 feed line
Steeda Y-block
-8 from block to Aeromotive rails
60lb injectors
Aeromotive Regulator
-8 return to cell

Suspension & Steering:
Front:
QA1 tubular k-member & a-arms
Strange 10 way adjustable struts w/ Racecraft Coilovers
Racecraft CC plates
Racecraft bumpsteer kit
Flaming River manual steering rack
Skinny Kid race cars master cylinder & manual brake kit

Rear:
UPR adjustable upper and lower control arms
UPR sperical UCA bushings
Strange 10 way adj. shocks
Stock v8 springs

Drivetrain:
billet flywheel
Spec stage 5 clutch
Proshifted T5 tranny w/ MGW shifter
aluminum driveshaft
4.10 gears
moser 33 spline spool
Moser 33 spline 4 lug axles

253936.jpg

253936.jpg

253938.jpg

253939.jpg

253935.jpg

253940.jpg

253941.jpg

253942.jpg

Roush9703

Established Member
Hello is the car running now or still like in the pics? Would you be interested in any trades?
Thanks James

The car was running when the pics were taken but it still looks exactly the same. I would prefer a straight sale but what did you have in mind?

Schmid99z

Established Member
Well I doubt you want a chevy, but I have a built 99Z28 6speed. Only has 38500 miles on it and is mystic teal in color. Plus I could prolly throw in a little bit. Ya I didn't know if it was running cause you don't have an air intake in the pics

Last edited:

Roush9703

Established Member
Well I doubt you want a chevy, but I have a built 99Z28 6speed. Only has 38500 miles on it and is mystic teal in color. Plus I could prolly throw in a little bit. Ya I didn't know if it was running cause you don't have an air intake in the pics

This is actually not the first Chevy that I've been offered but I'm going to have to respectfully decline. I'd really like to just turn this thing into cash.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
HEY!! You're alive!! This is Mike, I bought the SHM Stage 1 heads and cams from you a LONG, LONG time ago!! You still got the Roush? Just wanted to say what's up.

This guy is a GREAT seller and a great person to deal with!

Free bump!! Take care bro!

-Mike

Schmid99z

Established Member
Thats fine. If I can get it to sell id buy it. Ive been wanting to do a transplant like that. Do you have a cold air for it or does it need an intake? Do you have any pics from underneath?

Thanks again, James

Roush9703

Established Member
HEY!! You're alive!! This is Mike, I bought the SHM Stage 1 heads and cams from you a LONG, LONG time ago!! You still got the Roush? Just wanted to say what's up.

This guy is a GREAT seller and a great person to deal with!

Free bump!! Take care bro!

-Mike

I can't believe you sold your cobra, by the looks of things though you are regretting it. I still have the Roush, I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell that car because I know that I'll regret it forever. Thanks for the kind words Mike.

Thats fine. If I can get it to sell id buy it. Ive been wanting to do a transplant like that. Do you have a cold air for it or does it need an intake? Do you have any pics from underneath?

Thanks again, James

There is not much room at all between with TB and the shock tower so there are no off the shelf CIA's that will fit. This really wasn't a big deal to me because since I was building this as a track only car, I was just going to clamp on a screen and be done with it. If you would want an actual CIA or just an intake period, you would have to piece something together. I do not have any pics up the underside, however I can assure you this car is cancer free.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread